Memory technology is starting to catch up on the PC industry. The more memory you have the better these days, and with 64-bit processors able to access memory over 4GB, and with 64-bit versions of Windows XP and Vista now available, we are starting to see memory technologies really coming along.
DDR-3 is now the big hit word for the Intel platform. P35 has now paved the way for the DDR-3 revolution, supporting both the current DDR-2 memory technology as well as the upcoming DDR-3 technology. So you have no excuse why not to upgrade - similar to how the Intel 915 Express chipset supported DDR and DDR-2 all on the one chipset, but this time, DDR-2 and DDR-3 support has been improved with P35 proving it can push DDR-2 performance over its previous chipsets.
While DDR-3 is coming, DDR-2 is still here, and there are many companies pushing for dominance on this volatile market, some of the biggest players are Mushkin, Corsair, Crucial and OCZ, who have really come out of nowhere to provide some of the fastest memory modules in the last few years.
Our last OCZ memory review on TweakTown was the OCZ FlexXLC water cooled memory modules that were able to run rings around Mushkin and Corsair, at least till the Dominator memory hit.
Today we have OCZ's next memory module set designed for the enthusiast who does not have the option or does not want to run water cooling in their systems, this being the radically air cooled Reaper HPC edition memory running at PC2-9200 or 1150MHz DDR.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Everest]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - ScienceMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Enter our out-of-this-world 'Valerian' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Intel's new XMM 7660 LTE modem: 1.6Gbps speeds on your phone
- Skyrim on Switch runs at native 900p resolution while docked
- THQ Nordic grabs Biomutant game rights and developer
- EA: Live services are a predictable, evolving business
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- GAMDIAS Hermes E1 Gaming Combo Review
- need advice for replacing 4 washable air filter for my pc-b25s
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ