Now it is down to the BIOS and overclocking.
MSI has chosen to go with AMI Mega trends BIOS which they have been using for quite some time now. AMI has come up along way in the last couple of years.
The BIOS is quite slim, so we do not have a whole lot to talk about here.
While we were not expecting earth shattering overclocking, we were hoping to get a few more MHz out of our CPU but what we found was quite a surprise.
There was absolutely no overclocking feature on the board at all, even after updating to the latest BIOS from the MSI website. Normally we see the Cell Menu where MSI keeps its overclocking options; this menu was not here at all, so no overclocking is possible on this board.
If you are going for a HTPC board though, you are probably not really going to worry about it seriously since it will no doubt be enclosed in a small HTPC case anyway.
If you want a value board with a bit of OC potential, do not even think about this one from MSI.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Analysts forecast Capcom will miss net sales target
- Capcom ships 4 million copies of Resident Evil 7
- Petroglyph Games announce new RTS- Forged Battalion
- Seagate announce its new Enterprise Datasphere Fleet
- Warhammer: Vermintide 2 gameplay trailer released
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz