Now it is down to the BIOS and overclocking.
MSI has chosen to go with AMI Mega trends BIOS which they have been using for quite some time now. AMI has come up along way in the last couple of years.
The BIOS is quite slim, so we do not have a whole lot to talk about here.
While we were not expecting earth shattering overclocking, we were hoping to get a few more MHz out of our CPU but what we found was quite a surprise.
There was absolutely no overclocking feature on the board at all, even after updating to the latest BIOS from the MSI website. Normally we see the Cell Menu where MSI keeps its overclocking options; this menu was not here at all, so no overclocking is possible on this board.
If you are going for a HTPC board though, you are probably not really going to worry about it seriously since it will no doubt be enclosed in a small HTPC case anyway.
If you want a value board with a bit of OC potential, do not even think about this one from MSI.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony teases 'Tombstone' villain inclusion for Spider-Man PS4
- The Hulk smashes into GTA V with new mod, download available
- Dragon Ball FighterZ for Switch, open beta starts next month
- Epic Games teams with Funko for Fortnite Pop! figurines
- Samsung's next-gen foldable smartphone to launch early 2019
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit