It has now been nearly 12 months on since ATI and AMD made the big move to become one company and so far things have not been as rosy as AMD would have liked. AMD has not been able to come up with a new processor technology to combat Core 2, and it is only just recently that the Radeon HD 2900 series came out; nearly 4 months after nVidia released its DirectX 10 part. One thing we will not deny is that the addition of the ATI chipset business to AMD is a definite bonus.
In the past AMD had to rely on their third party vendors to support processors. When Athlon first made its appearance on the market, AMD has a hard time getting sales simply because there was only one single chipset available for it, and that was AMD's own 750 Irongate chipset, which was not very fast and plagued with compatibility problems. It was not till VIA finally had its KX133 chipset available did things pick up. Even when Athlon 64 started, chipset support was limited.
With the purchase of ATI, chipsets can be ready for their new architectures at the time of release, and being ATI based chipset, it is a proper solution, not a quickly slap it together type of product.
The first chipset to come out under the AMD brand is the 690G series which we first looked at though ECS. This chipset is designed to be a value product for AMD and its Athlon processors.
Today we have a new motherboard from MSI based on the new AMD 690G chipset series with support for HDMI which makes it perfect for the Home Theatre PC users out there. Let us today have a look at the MSI K9AGM2 and see exactly what it has to offer.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch soon to feature 1000+ games, all regions
- Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1/2 screenshots & Rookie mode
- Vivo's next smartphone could feature a huge 10GB of RAM
- Ruin the fun in our 'Blockers' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Make a noise for our 'A Quiet Place' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 rev 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit