While the Intel platform is set to go to DDR-3 memory later on this year, though it is starting to show up now, it is not mass produced, and only the P35 chipset currently supports it. DDR-2 is still the king of the desktop and notebook platforms.
That being said DDR-2 has its limits, and we are now reaching them, while we have seen memory at PC2-9200, PC2-8500 seems to be the sweet spot, as just about all the major players now have memory at this level.
Crucial has only just stepped up to this mark, and we are extremely happy with this effort. Ballistix is Crucial's cream of the crop with the Tracer versions adding extra eye candy. We were very impressed with what was on offer.
Crucial has not only managed to get good speeds out of the modules, but the size and style it is done in was extremely impressive
While these modules will only see Intel platforms for a few more months until DDR-3 makes the mainstream, AMD platforms will be very happy this DDR-2 memory for a while to come. AMD loves to overclock and these modules should help you get a nice speed boost.
Onboard LED for eye candy value
Still expensive for DDR-2
Rating - 8.5 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking the RAM]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Everest]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - ScienceMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD appoints fresh blood to Radeon team
- Assassin's Creed Origins: DLC 'The Hidden Ones' trailer
- PUBG to ban over 100,000 cheaters in one single wave
- Google hires ex PlayStation and Xbox executive Phil Harrison
- Dragon Ball FighterZ gets launch trailer days before release
- Intel 760P 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Samsung 860 Pro 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Z270-HD3 F8 bios and advanced frequency settings not available...
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top