For testing, I used my regular testing setup, which includes the following:
Antec SX-1030 Case w/ 170-CFM Airflow
Abit KT7A-RAID Motherboard
AMD Thunderbird 1000 (AVIA)
256MB Crucial PC133 SDRAM
Prolink XX-Player GeForce3 clocked at 230/500
I applied Arctic Silver to the stock heatsink so that the competition would be on equal footing. For temperatures, I used a thermal probe that was secured right next to the GPU on the video card. It remained in place during the cooler swap, so temperatures will be consistent to both coolers tested.
Ambient temperature was measured with the probe and the result was an even 22C. For testing, I ran Quake III Arena through a normal demo using the VIA Arena Demo. It is very graphically intense, and will do a very fine job of boosting up the temperatures of the GPU itself. I ran the demo all the way through and then took a photo of the probe reading as the demo was ending.
So without further ado, here is what happened
Results with stock cooler:
Results with Crystal Orb
WOW! I figured that there would be a few degrees difference in temperatures, but not this much. Over 9 degrees difference by doing nothing more than using a different cooler. Results like this are what make a product stand out from the crowd.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Thronebreaker gameplay shows blend of RPG and CCG
- Path of Exile coming to PS4, ratings listing suggests
- Red Dead Redemption 2 listed for PC
- AMD's new Radeon RX 590 teased with ASUS ROG STRIX card
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam