For testing, I used my regular testing setup, which includes the following:
Antec SX-1030 Case w/ 170-CFM Airflow
Abit KT7A-RAID Motherboard
AMD Thunderbird 1000 (AVIA)
256MB Crucial PC133 SDRAM
Prolink XX-Player GeForce3 clocked at 230/500
I applied Arctic Silver to the stock heatsink so that the competition would be on equal footing. For temperatures, I used a thermal probe that was secured right next to the GPU on the video card. It remained in place during the cooler swap, so temperatures will be consistent to both coolers tested.
Ambient temperature was measured with the probe and the result was an even 22C. For testing, I ran Quake III Arena through a normal demo using the VIA Arena Demo. It is very graphically intense, and will do a very fine job of boosting up the temperatures of the GPU itself. I ran the demo all the way through and then took a photo of the probe reading as the demo was ending.
So without further ado, here is what happened
Results with stock cooler:
Results with Crystal Orb
WOW! I figured that there would be a few degrees difference in temperatures, but not this much. Over 9 degrees difference by doing nothing more than using a different cooler. Results like this are what make a product stand out from the crowd.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battle royale revenue to grow 600% in 2018
- Fortnite makes over $1 billion in less than a year
- Treyarch tease COD: Black Ops 4 zombies Comic-Con reveal
- Call of Cthulhu releases this Halloween
- The Legend of Zelda: BOTW - Creating a Champion details
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit