Overall the Samsung SGH-i710 is a great Windows Mobile handset even though it has a few quirks. If you are looking for a stylish smartphone, it is definitely worth considering. Some people might fault the lack of Wi-Fi and 3G connectivity, but then again if you are not looking for these functions then there is no need to pay extra for them in your phone. Also some of us a Tweak Town have got used to smartphones with a slide out keyboard, but models like this end up thicker and much heavier than the SGH-i710. At the end of the day, when it comes to choosing a suitable handset it all comes down to what you intend to use it for and what features you want, and that is always a hard choice to make.
However, Samsung has done a first class job with the SGH-i710 and it shows that Samsung can master every mobile platform, since the company offers phones based on a wide range of mobile operating systems. The SGH-i710 is a stylish and fairly straightforward device that lacks some of the functionality that power users are looking for, but that does not mean that there is not a market for it. Expect to pay around US$460 for a contract free version, which is quite reasonable for what you get.
Slim and lightweight smart phone
Bluetooth 2.0 with EDR
Chrome plastic seems to wear off quickly
Proprietary USB connector
No flash for the camera
Rating - 7 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo R&D experimenting with new games hardware
- Halo 6 might hit 4K 60FPS
- Arena brawler 'My Hero One's Justice' announced for Switch
- DOOM Rebooted will get a physical deluxe soundtrack release
- Radical Heights - first patch, new gun/performance increases
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit