You would think that the Radeon X1950PRO would just about be discontinued, with the new mid-range graphics cards from Nvidia offering Direct X 10 and the HD 2600 just around the corner, why would you even bother looking at the AMD DX9 counterpart?
Well the new Nvidia cards come with an increased price tag and do not seem to offer the punch that the last generations do in DX 9 games. If you are not looking at jumping onto the DX 10 bandwagon straight away the X1950PRO and 7900GS are still very real examples of mid-range graphics cards you would consider buying.
The particular card we are looking at today is the SCS3 X1950PRO from PowerColor, which has a very well endowed heat sink on it allowing it to run silent. Because of this we do not expect the card to be a good overclocker, but we still want to test how the card performs at stock speeds. After all, you should not have to sacrifice performance just because you want a quiet system.
The particular sample we received did not come with a retail box so we will just move on to have a look at what comes in the package along with a quick look at the card before we get stuck straight into the benchmarking.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sharkoon release the S1000 Micro-ATX case range
- FSP release 2000W dedicated mining power supply
- Black Friday sales sees Oculus Rift down to just $349
- Elon Musk receives approval for tunnel under LA
- Samsung could unveil the Galaxy S9 at CES 2018 in January
- ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Bluetooth
- ALiveNF6G-VSTA motherboard: squematic and dump BIOS
- Asrock H97m Pro4 BSOD installing Vega56
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- ASRock X299 Mini-ITX and SO-DIMM OC and Build Guide
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ