Test System Setup
Processor: Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 (Supplied by Intel)
Memory: 2x 1GB DDR2-1066 Corsair at 1:1 (Supplied by Corsair)
Hard Disk: Seagate 500GB 7200.9 SATA (Supplied by Seagate)
Graphics Card: MSI Radeon X1950 Pro (Supplied by MSI)
Cooling: Gigabyte Neon775 (Supplied by Gigabyte)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Processional SP2
Drivers: Intel INF 18.104.22.1683, ATI Catalyst 7.3 and DX9c
Today's we pitted out the Gigabyte P965 DQ6 against the brand new MSI P35 Platinum which is what the new P35 range of motherboards are intended to replace.
P35 is going to be Intel's mid-range replacement with support for DDR-2 and DDR-3 memory, depending on what the manufacturer wants to implement. We did test a reference board earlier on but this one refused to overclock, MSI's did so we managed to do overclocking tests.
MSI's P35 Platinum overclocked speed is operating at 3346MHz (7 x 486MHz FSB at 1:1) and the Gigabyte P965 DQ6 overclocked speed is operating at 3512MHz (7 x 503MHz FSB at 1:1). DQ6 is one of the best overclocking P965 boards we have ever tested and as a result and due to its maturity, it provides a better OC result, which is something we need to take into consideration. What will be important to look at are the boards running at stock speeds (11 x 266MHz with FSB and memory at 1:1) and see if there is any difference in performance between each of the chipsets.
Keep in mind that the P35 Platinum is designed to operate at 333MHz FSB which will provide a small performance boost. However, pretty much all P965 boards can easily do 333MHz FSB, at very least. We want to see what happens when we go well over 333MHz FSB. If you want to see the difference between running the same CPU clock speed but 266MHz FSB vs. 333MHz FSB, take a look at our P35 performance preview article.
EVEREST Ultimate Edition
Version and / or Patch Used: 2006
Developer Homepage: http://www.lavalys.com
Product Homepage: http://www.lavalys.com
EVEREST Ultimate Edition is an industry leading system diagnostics and benchmarking solution for enthusiasts PC users, based on the award-winning EVEREST Technology. During system optimizations and tweaking it provides essential system and overclock information, advanced hardware monitoring and diagnostics capabilities to check the effects of the applied settings. CPU, FPU and memory benchmarks are available to measure the actual system performance and compare it to previous states or other systems.
Memory performance at stock on the P35 MSI board has improved slightly over the P965 chipset, which is a good sign for our very first test.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Decidueye was considered for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- If Anthem's cosmetics fail, paid expansions are likely
- The Divison 2 story sets U.S. capital aflame with chaos
- Lords of the Fallen devs open indie publishing label
- JUMP FORCE leaks images of Dragon Quest and JoJo Characters
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Customers Ask and Canon Delivers: New Professional Print & Layout Solution Now Available for Commercial, In-house and Professional Photographers
- OPPO Unveiled 10x Lossless Zoom, Ahead of Its Debut at MWC 2019
- True Flip Reveals Crypto-Themed Mining Factory With Plasmatron Bonus
- Stardock Announces a New Expansion for Galactic Civilizations III - Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution
- Cyberpunk Action-RPG Disjunction Coming to Steam Summer 2019