Inside the Box - Package and Contents
MSI's Platinum series boards come in a rather large box for what they come with, which isn't too bad. The front has very little info on the board apart from the model number and the brand logos.
The back of the MSI box has a lot more info on the board then the front, all the features of the board as well as a full colour photo of the board. Having the photo there makes a huge amount of sale power as you know exactly what you are going to get once you open up the box.
Documentation is extremely important, if you have got a sub standard instruction set you are going to find it hard. MSI gives you two major documentation sources. There is a quick install pamphlet that gives you locations of the headers on the board for front panel connectors, USB headers and installation instructions. The user's guide gives you full details on the board specifications, setup instructions and the BIOS setup guide.
MSI's cable set if very clean and well presented. Out of the five total SATA ports on the board, MSI gives you four SATA data cables and two power converters. On the parallel side of things there is a single IDE cable for the solitary IDE port on the board with two drive support and a single FDD cable that supports a single FDD floppy drive.
Last but not least you get a single Firewire expansion slot cover that plugs onto the Firewire header on the board. If your case has a front panel Firewire port you won't need this header. Since MSI has changed its rear I/O ports for this board with a new USB layout, you are going to need a new I/O cover, which is also included in the package.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft, Facebook complete 160Tbps undersea cable
- Apple won't let you download 4K, only stream on Apple TV
- Sony isn't 'entirely comfortable' being VR market leader
- G.SKILL launches 128GB DDR4 RAM kit for Threadripper
- Bethesda pursues long-lasting relationship with Nintendo
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM