If you ask a different folks about their opinions on a given topic you will likely get different answers. This sentiment has been true for a while now with regards to the need of a floppy drive. Yes, those little plastic covered disks are out of date, but unless you have been quick to jump on Windows Vista, odds are good you will have need of one when it comes time to install an operating system on your brand new SATA drive.
So you go out and get a floppy drive and maybe even just install it for OS installations then put it away. But what if you could get some added functionality from your device? Would that make a difference? After all, floppy drives are pretty handy for BIOS flashes and hardware firmware updates too.
Enter Scythe, a company that has been around since late 2002 and are well known for their cooling products. Its aim is to give the DIY crowd something workable at a reasonable price. One of Scythe's latest projects was to create a device that works with a lot of different media types but also includes the functionality of a floppy drive. Basically the YD-8V08 is a 3.5-inch device that combines a card reader (18 formats according to the marketing media) and a floppy drive. Does it all work together? Read on to see for yourself.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Spider-Man developers thought the story wasn't funny enough
- Warner Bros. release teaser for Pokemon: Detective Pikachu
- China sprouts the first life ever made on the Moons surface
- Zelda: Link's Awakening Switch & GameBoy comparison video
- Apex Legends mods have banned over 16,000 cheaters so far
- Supermicro C9Z390-CG-IW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- BundleFest is coming - Get ready for the biggest bundle event of the year
- Team NINJA Announces DEAD OR ALIVE 6 Deluxe Demo, World Championship, and SNK Collaboration
- Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. Launches Jump Force; The Ultimate Manga Crossover Extravaganza
- The Escape Room Puzzle Game Themed On The Seven Deadly Sins Will Hit Steam On Feb 28th
- [01Studio] Indie MMORPG - Citywars Savage