While at TweakTown we do try to look as close to each market segment as we can, we sometimes overlook the value market. We are sent quite a lot of high-end motherboards and it's very rare that a budget board crosses our labs; however, we are always happy to test.
Value boards are what you would most likely get in a pre-built system from your local computer shop when you are not going for huge gaming performance or a massive OC. We have already looked at AMD's new 690G chipset for the AM2 with onboard graphics, and today we are taking a look at the Core 2 side of things.
ECS (Elitegroup Computer Systems) has been good enough to supply us with its latest model called the 965PLT-A. While the board has "965" in its name, it does not actually feature a 965 chipset. In fact it is based on the new 946GZ chipset from Intel, designed with the new GMA 3000 graphics chip embedded in the northbridge.
We plan to test this chipset to see how it performs compared to a 6200 TurboCache graphics card as well as our normal tests with the Radeon X1950Pro. So come have a look at the latest board to cross our labs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Board]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - WorldBench]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - HDD Performance]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - PREY]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel making self-learning CPU, acts like human brain
- Core i9-7980XE used to break 4 world records in 3DMark
- Showtime busted mining Monero on visitors' CPUs
- AMD's next-gen Vega 20 uses PCIe 4.0, arrives in Q3 2018
- Core i5-8600K has performance similar to Core i7-7700K
- Internet Download Manager Full
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM