Package and Contents
First off like normal, we take a look at the extras you're supplied in the packaging. If you're spending a fortune on a board, you are going to want something for your dollar apart from a board but if you're spending very little, expect the basics.
The ECS 650i SLI board is aimed at the mid-range user who doesn't want to spend a lot on their systems but still get the performance they strive for, so the board is priced accordingly and the package reflects this. The box itself from the front is rather plain, with just the model number and the brand logo.
The back of the box has a great deal of information on the board's features as well as a full color photo of the board, so there are no surprises on what you get.
ECS has a good amount of documentation included with the board. You get one user manual that gives full information on the board's features, setup processes and BIOS settings. The other two manuals that are included are simple pamphlets for quick install of the board as well as BIOS setup. The software CD included gives drivers for XP, XP64 and Windows Vista. It's now a requirement to include Vista drivers with the boards in order to be considered a universal board for all the Windows operating systems.
Lastly we come down to the extras such as the cables. ECS only provides a couple of SATA data cables out of a total of four SATA ports, a single IDE parallel cable, a single PCB SLI bridge and an I/O shield. In all, very little is included, if you want to use all four SATA ports, you will need to purchases extra SATA data cables. If your PSU doesn't have any SATA HDD power plugs, you're going to need to buy all four separately, a bit of a disappointment as cables aren't really that expensive but clearly ECS are trying to keep the cost of the product as low as possible.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gaming video to make $4.6 billion in 2017
- Star Wars: Battlefront II campaign will be robust
- EKWB release RGB monoblock for ASUS X399 motherboards
- Cooler Master introduces MasterWatt power supply series
- Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update available now
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard