Gigabyte's BIOS on the N680SLI-DQ6 is essentially the nVidia reference BIOS placed under the Motherboard Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T) menu. Thanks to nVidia, there is no reason not to have decent overclocking on any 680i based board. So if you get a bum steer on overclockability, blame your board vendor.
CPU Host Frequency: 100MHz to 650MHz in 1MHz Increments
Memory Frequency: 400MHz to 1400MHz in 1MHz Increments
PCI-E X16 Slot 1: 100MHz to 131MHz in 1MHz Increments
PCI-E X16 Slot 2: 100MHz to 131MHz in 1MHz Increments
PCI-E x8 Clock: 100MHz to 131MHz in 1MHz Increments
DDR2 Voltage Control: 1.8v to 2.575v in 0.025v Increments
NB/PCIE Voltage: +0.05v to +0.35v in 0.05v Increments
SB/PCIE Voltage: +0.05v to +0.75v in 0.05v Increments
HT Link Voltage: +0.05v to +0.35v in 0.05v Increments
SB Standby Voltage: +0.05v to +0.15v in 0.05v Increments
CPU Voltage Control: 1.1v to 2.25v in 0.025v Increments
With all these settings and using the F3 revision BIOS version, we managed a maximum and extremely impressive FSB result of 520MHz completely stable under Windows to complete our tests with DDR-2 voltage at 2.4v, CPU voltage at 1.45v and the rest of the voltages at full max settings.
What does this all mean? Well, quite basically it is the BEST FSB overclock we have ever attained from any motherboard since we started testing them about eight years ago. Congratulations to Gigabyte for reaching such an extreme level of overclockability but we don't expect it to end there as companies continue to try and outdo each other.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we don't have enough time to tweak the motherboard to the maximum and find the highest possible FSB as this could take days to properly find. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking or as new BIOS updates are released or "burn in" time might come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Path of Exile 2019 roadmap detailed
- Microsoft calls Project xCloud its 'Netflix for games'
- Blizzard hiring 17 devs for new Diablo game
- Overkill's The Walking Dead delayed on PS4, Xbox One
- Ronda Rousey will voice Sonya Blade in Mortal Kombat XI
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Western Digital Black SN750 SSD Review
- Trident Z Royal DDR4-4000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media