Inside the Box - Package and Contents Provided
As always we start at the box that the board is supplied in and what you get in terms of features. The 680i board has a new box design with a lot of green and black in it, as this is the staple colour for nVidia chips. The front has a nice logo and some minor info on the board.
The back of the box is where all the major info on the board is located as well as a nice colour photo of the board, so you know what you're getting into when you buy.
On documentation and software, Gigabyte is never one to slacken off. A detailed user manual is included that explains the setup in plain English with colour photos for installing expansion cards and setting up the SLI feature.
It goes on to explain the BIOS side as well as the software included on the CD.
The CD contains all the drivers needed to get Windows XP, XP64 and Vista going - great to see Vista drivers now included!
With the DQ6 series of boards, Gigabyte provides two PCI cover plates with two e.SATA ports / plate as well as a Molex power adapter. These plug into any spare SATA ports on the board to turn them into e.SATA ports for your external storage convenience needs.
For the internal cable bundle Gigabyte is always on the ball. Out of a total of 10 SATA ports, six cables are included, combine this with the four e.SATA ports you have, then you've got the total 10. One single IDE cable with two drive support and a single FDD cable with a single FDD port are also included, making up the bulk of the cable bundle that Gigabyte gives you.
Lastly we come to the little things that make this board up. The I/O shield is colour coded so you not only have the ports coloured but the surrounds on the I/O shield to help guide you to what cables get plugged into each port.
Lastly is the SLI bridge connector. Gigabyte has gone with a dark blue PCB design rather than a ribbon cable, which are more popular.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield V goes GOLD, with DICE prepared for November 19
- NVIDIA quietly intros new GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5X
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Thronebreaker gameplay shows blend of RPG and CCG
- Path of Exile coming to PS4, ratings listing suggests
- onboard LAN MAC 00:00:00:00:00:00 after BIOS update
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam