Now it's down to the BIOS where all the overclocking happens. Award 6.0 Modular BIOS is used and ABIT's uGURU sub menu is where all the overclocking options can be found. Compared to the AB9 Pro there are a few extra changes and voltage additions which should aid quite nicely when it comes to OC.
Using the first release BIOS version (m621e10) under the uGURU menu you have access to all the overclocking systems.
External Clock: 100MHz to 600MHz in 1MHz Increments
PCI Express: 100MHz to 200MHz in 1MHz Increments
CPU Voltage Offset: 1.30v to 1.9v in 0.025v Increments
Memory Voltage: 1.8v to 3.0v in 0.025v Increments
CPU VTT 1.2v Voltage: 1.2v to 1.55v in 0.1v Increments
MCH 1.25v Voltage: 1.254v to 1.7v in 0.05v Increments
ICH 1.05v Voltage: 1.05v to 1.2v in 0.05v Increments
ICHIO 1.5v Voltage: 1.5v to 1.7vv in 0.05v Increments
Now we've covered the BIOS options which should work quite well when it comes to OC, let's see what we could get out of the QuadGT.
Our overclocking was quite successful. We managed to set the BIOS to 497MHz FSB; however CPU-Z only detected 496MHz. Any further and we couldn't get the system stable, however with more time we might have had more luck but as always our testing time is limited.
Nevertheless, the FSB result was fairly impressive. Not the best we have seen but not too bad either.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we don't have enough time to tweak the motherboard to the maximum and find the highest possible FSB as this could take days to properly find. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking or as new BIOS updates are released or "burn in" time might come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft isn't supportive of Japanese games, says NIS
- Over 322,000 cheaters have been caught in Battlegrounds
- BIOSTAR reveal their flagship RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- Logitech release the ASTRO A20 Wireless Headset
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz