We used the latest BIOS available on the Foxconn website at time of testing and that being 692F1P17. While nVidia does use an Award BIOS for its NV BIOS setup, Foxconn have gone their own way and are using an AMI Megatrends BIOS. It's something totally different from what we've been used to with 680i motherboard but what is not are the features in the BIOS - everything that nVidia includes in their NV BIOS setup are there in one form or another from Foxconn with a different name.
Foxconn placed all the overclocking sub menus under the Fox Central Control Menu where you can adjust every thing this board has to offer in terms of overclocking and voltages.
FSB Clock (QDR): 400MHz to 2500MHz in 1MHz increments
Memory Clock (DDR): 400MHz to 1400MHz in 1MHz increments
SPP to MCP: 200MHz to 1000MHz in 200MHz increments
MCP to SPP: 200MHz to 1000MHz in 200MHz increments
PCI Express Slot 1: 100MHz to 200MHz in 1MHz increments
PCI Express Slot 2: 100MHz to 200MHz in 1MHz increments
PCI Express Slot 3: 100MHz to 200MHz in 1MHz increments
CPU Voltage Offset: +0.125v to +0.25v in + 0.125v increments
Memory Voltage: 1.6914v to 2.3771v in various increments
MCP Voltage: 1.5v to 1.875v in 0.025v increments
SPP Voltage: 1.174v to 1.5704v in various increments
Memory Termination Voltage: 0.8317v to 1.1689v in various increments
VLTD Voltage: 1.1174v to 1.5704v in various increments
As you can see there are quite a few options available to us which should aid quite nicely in overclocking.
Unfortunately we didn't have a huge amount of testing time available to us for overclocking but what we did get in the time we had was amazing. 507MHz FSB was what we managed to get with only having to change the voltages up 2 steps in each case - we think that if we had more time, we might have gotten even more.
It's quite an impressive overclock in that the more expensive ASUS Striker Extreme managed around 510MHz FSB (and we had more time to OC to attain that result) and that costs considerably more and the Foxconn FSB result is a good improvement over the nVidia reference motherboards we have tested from companies like eVGA.
Is Foxconn finally ready to put on their black shiny shoes and try and seriously take on the big guns of the motherboard industry? We're not entirely sure yet but this is certainly a step in the right direction.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we don't have enough time to tweak the motherboard to the maximum and find the highest possible FSB as this could take days to properly find. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking or as new BIOS updates are released or "burn in" time might come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Fortnite earns $2.4 billion in 2018, tops free-to-play chart
- Free-to-play made 80% of 2018 digital game revenues
- IO Interactive opens Swedish studio to work on new franchise
- New Dragon Ball Z action RPG in development
- Resident Evil 2 Remake demo impressions
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Problem with RAM Overclock
- Nokia's Service Operations Center powers Telefonica UK's drive towards customer-centric operations
- Black Desert Online's Battle Royale mode enters Early Access today
- Roblox hires British online safety expert Laura Higgins to lead new digital civility initiative
- HyperX Announces 2019 We're All Gamers Ad Campaign Including Celebrity Influencers Post Malone, Gordon Hayward, Joel Embiid, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Pokimane, Shroud, Daigo, De'Aaron Fox and Rush
- Macrotis: A Mother's Journey Releases this upcoming February 8th!