One thing we really weren't expecting from ABIT was a motherboard that didn't overclock at least as well as the competition. ABIT has always put a lot of time and research into their boards, and being such a high profile chipset like the nVidia nForce 680i, we were hoping to see one of the highest overclocking Core 2 motherboards on the market. Unfortunately we have been let down here in the overclocking department.
While most of the features come off the nVidia chipset, ABIT has gone the extra mile to try and make their motherboard standout by including extras such as the 802.11G wireless PCI Express adapter and antenna along with features to extend longevity and stability such as an enhanced digital PWM and all solid capacitors. You've also got a bunch of cables for all the data ports and the older style cables are even rounded to help aid in improved air flow inside your case. If you don't intend on overclocking past the 400MHz FSB mark, it's actually quite an attractive motherboard.
The overclocking part we were extremely disappointed in and that has to be said since we always place such a big emphasis on overclocking in our motherboard reviews. While we managed to hit 450MHz FSB without having to change voltages to their limits, once 450 was reached, it took extreme efforts to get 460MHz and above out of the board. In fact to reach 455MHz FSB, we had to max out all the voltages on the board, which leads us to believe there is either a BIOS or design issue here. While ABIT did send us a new BIOS to use that improved things slightly, it only allowed us around 10MHz extra FSB to 468MHz FSB.
Even though the ABIT IN9 32X-MAX Wi-Fi motherboard has an extensive pros list, it is let down by a few major key points such as poor overclocking and price. While it's cheaper than something like the ASUS Striker Extreme by around $70 AUD (about $54 USD), if you're spending that much money you're probably better off spending a little more. While it has improved features and extras over the reference design, is it really spending an extra $80 AUD (about $60 USD) on the ABIT motherboard? That's up for you to decide and it depends greatly on your overclocking requirements but this time around your money might be better spent elsewhere on a different brand of nForce 680i motherboards.
Included 802.11G wireless adapter and antenna
Enhanced digital PWM
All solid capacitors
Dual full-speed PCI Express x16 slots
Third PCI Express x16 slot for physics system or Mass Storage Controllers
Rounded cables and enough included for all ports
A couple e.SATA ports for external storage
Silent heat pipe cooling
Digital PWM might be require additional cooling
- Latest Pricing
Rating - 7.5 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
- Page 4 [Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - WorldBench]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - PREY]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- THQ Nordic to revive old-school Nickelodeon games
- WhatsApp co-founder tells the world to delete Facebook
- Iron Harvest smashes through Kickstarter goal, $1m is close
- Warhammer: Vermintide 2 PC sales hit life-time revenue mark
- Dragon Ball FighterZ - Broly/Bardock DLC release date unveil
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- ارقام تليفونات صيانه ال جى ( 01014723434 _ 01225025360 ) تكييفات ا
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit