Package and Contents
First off as always we look at the package that the board is shipped in. EPoX usually are known for the plainer package options for their boards and the Optimus is no different. The front of the box is simply black with the Optimus logo and the model number of the board, nothing else apart from the EPoX logo.
The back of the box is a little different. There is a bit more info on the back about the board as well as a full colour picture. This is what we really enjoy to see, as there is really no questions over what the board inside looks like and what you get when you are at your local PC shop.
EPoX does provide a good user manual with their boards. Inside you get a full detailed description of the board, its technical specs, info on connecting headers and cables as well as BIOS and included software settings.
Cable bundles are also very important - if you're going to buy a board with lots of expansion headers, you want to have all of the required cables included, rather than having to go buy extras which can slowly add up in the price department. EPoX does provide a few cables in its box but not the full 100%. Out of the total 8 SATA ports onboard only 6 SATA cables are included, same with the IDE situation, 2 IDE ports, 1 IDE cable. Since there is only 1 FDD port, only 1 FDD cable is needed and it's provided. It's not a bad effort in this department but the situation could have been improved by including ALL cables.
Again out of the 3 extra USB headers, only a single two port USB header bracket is included. Since the EPoX board isn't a standard ATX port layout board EPoX has included an I/O shield.
Lastly we come to the SLI Bridge. Since the boards SLI graphics ports are further apart than pervious boards, a new SLI bridge is supplied. The bridge is a PCB based one (not flexible) with SLI connectors at each end. While a flexible bridge is more preferable, this setup isn't really that bad.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo's '2nd Unit Set' for the Switch is dockless, $230
- Resident Evil 2 remake: RE7 engine, 4K 60FPS on PS4 Pro
- Fortnite made almost $300 million in April
- Rum Runner's Pack free DLC debuts to Pillars of Eternity 2
- New Battlerite Royale screenshots unveil UI/more gameplay
- best value budget upgrade path
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $1.422
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit