EPoX has always been one to put out a reasonable price for their products and the Optimus is no exception.
Most motherboards have a few problems to be ironed out, but one thing we have noticed, most companies will take advice under consideration - we have seen companies like Gigabyte and ASUS design boards for enthusiasts by listening to their buyers. EPoX has unfortunately been told about its connector and power port placement sins in the past, but they still seem to think that this is the best place for it but for us (and no doubt many others) we really dislike these layouts.
That aside, performance of the motherboard was extremely good and its overclocking with our limited potential CPU was extremely good. EPoX has made a very good effort to give a good range of overclocking options in the BIOS; we have seen better but we have also seen far worse. If you want to get into overclocking, you'll have a certain degree of great success with the Optimus.
Overall we would like to see a few of these gripes ironed out (basically placement of connectors) over the next few boards that EPoX release to show they are listening to the users out there.
Other than that, the EPoX Optimus EP-AF590 SLI2 is quite a solid motherboard with plenty of extra features such as extra SATA and PATA ports, fancy cooler and it also doesn't look half bad but there's nothing that really makes us get extremely excited about it.
Decent overclocking results and options
Reasonable price tag
Extra SATA and PATA ports
Fancy Southbridge cooler
Full-speed SLI dual graphics and possibly Crossfire support soon
Bad placement of connectors
Rating - 8.5 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ABZU will be taking a dive into the Nintendo Switch, Nov 29
- 'Fortuna' update brings Warframe new concurrent gamer high
- Game of the Year 2018 nominees: 6 games worth playing
- Insomniac release Spider-Man DLC 2 trailer 'Turf Wars'
- Nintendo Black Friday Sales: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe & More
- EML to PST Converter
- ASRock DeskMini 310 SFF PC Review
- Q87m-e/csm & ddr3 1600 ram
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- Convert MBOX File Format to PST Format
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms