Honestly, if AMD and ATI stopped concentrating on launching new graphics cards using the aging RV570 core, we would probably have our eagerly awaited R600 (Radeon X2800) by now.
Instead of giving us the new upcoming competitor to the monstrous GeForce 8800GTX, AMD instead announce that the new Radeon X1950GT is released. We're all for new graphics cards but what happened when the Radeon X1950GT was announced? nVidia's brand new line up of GeForce 8300, 8600 and 8900 got all leaked and instantly everyone was thinking of the green team.
We would probably go as far to say that if it wasn't for AMD releasing monthly Catalyst drivers, we might have forgotten about them by now - R600 to all appears as if it is quickly becoming vaporware and looks like it should be hanging out with Duke Nukem Forever.
OK! We are being a little harsh and a little inaccurate but let's have a look at what exactly the Radeon X1950GT is before we continue to criticize. It's a about the same price as a regular nVidia GeForce 7900GS 256MB but cheaper than the Radeon X1950PRO with 256MB and 512MB of memory. It makes it somewhat of a questionable release since it's only marginally cheaper than the 256MB PRO.
Let's get into and find out what the new Radeon X1950GT from the folks at Palit has to offer against its competitors and if it's actually worth buying or if it's just an excuse for AMD and ATI to kill over supply problems of the RV570 chip.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Lost Coast)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PREY]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Luigi's Balloon World/new outfits for Super Mario Odyssey
- Nintendo Switch adds another 18 new games in a week
- Paladins remove their loot box system after community uproar
- New Battlefield title will be available at EA PLAY 2018
- Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Trilogy coming to Nintendo Switch
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- For Sale 5 Pieces Apple iPhone 8 64GB Brand New Unlocked $2,795
- Ryzen (1000-Series) Overclocking Guide
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit