Unfortunately while writing this review AMD/ATI still has the full details of the AMD 690 architecture under wraps of a typical NDA. However we have gotten a few titbits of info out from other sources on the web.
First off the AMD 690 will have a series of chips to come out of the works. So far only the 690G has popped up. This chip has an integrated ATI Radeon X1250 graphics core that can use up to 512MB of system memory for its frame buffer. Compare that to nVidia's GeForce 6150 that can only support up to 256MB.
All of the 690 series chipsets will support the full line of AMD Socket AM2 based Athlon 64 series processors. At this stage it is unknown if any of them support HT3, AMD's upcoming interconnect between the next generation Athlon 64 CPU and the external Northbridge's.
The Southbridge being used for the 690 series at this stage is ATI's SB600. Being the most advanced chip available from ATI, it has now gained some popularity. Using the same A-Link interconnect as the previous generation Southbridge, in theory any new Southbridge using this connection can be substituted into the mix.
So far this is all the data we have on this chipset. We will endeavour to gain more info and update this article as possible, for right now this is all the info we can supply.
Let's move onto the ECS motherboard itself now.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [AMD 690G Details]
- Page 4 [In the Box]
- Page 5 [Motherboard]
- Page 6 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - WorldBench]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - HDD Performance]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - PREY]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Devil May Cry 5 gets stylish new gameplay and release date
- Battlefield V's low pre-orders could hurt EA, says analyst
- Everspace will take flight on the Switch in December
- Team Cherry announces Hollow Knight physical copy release
- Space Hulk: Tactics trailer unveiled, October 9 release
- P9X79E-WS Giant Headaches
- EVGA Z370 Classified K (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming WIFI-OP Motherboard Review
- Buy (30) Apple iPhone X $8,970 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Boot sequence, BIOS setting question
- Road Redemption Coming This Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- PROZE: a VR survival adventure announcement trailer
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada