It seems that a lot of companies are choosing a color scheme to decorate their high-end cards, and the Prolink is no exception. They have chosen the color gold to reflect the attitude of their beast. The PCB is a yellow/gold color, and the heatsinks are also golden in color. Nice, but the coloring is only cosmetic so lets see what else there is.
This card, like other GeForce3 cards on the market today, boasts 64MB of very fast DDR-RAM. It's rated at 3.8ns, so it will be able to handle the stress of some pretty high clock speeds. Also notice that Prolink has included RAM sinks to help dissipate the heat that will be produced by the memory after those all night frag-fests and LAN parties. I think that most folks will agree that any additions that will help components run cooler is a huge plus. After all, a cool computer is a happy one.
The fan that is installed atop the heatsink is pretty standard as far as video boards go. It is a slim 40mm fan that will help put a small amount of airflow to the sink. Since active cooling is becoming more and more important to video cards today, it would have been nice to have a bit more airflow from the fan. After all, this is the same fan that was on my old GeForce2 card; and I bought that one the day they came out!
This particular model of video card is designed for a wide variety of outputs. Those who want the ability to display their output onto a TV screen can do so by means of a standard S-Video port. I am personally not a fan of using the .60 or so dot pitch of a television for my output, but there are a lot of people who want the added screen size for gaming. If you fall into this category, then you'll be well served by this card.
The XX-Player also includes a Digital Video connection that allows you to send your high-end 3D video signal straight to an LCD monitor. With more folks wanting the smaller footprint of the LCD's, it's nice to see that you won't have to get some sort of converter to be able to use it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- Age of Empires: Definitive Edition will release next month
- Hasselblad's new camera snaps 400-megapixel photos
- The GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series