Test System Setup
Processor: Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 (Supplied by Intel)
Memory: 2x 1GB DDR2-1066 Corsair (Supplied by Corsair)
Hard Disk: 500GB Seagate 7200.9 SATA (Supplied by Seagate)
Graphics Card: 2 x MSI Radeon X1950 Pro in Crossfire (Supplied by MSI)
Cooling: Gigabyte Neon775 (Supplied by Gigabyte)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2
Drivers: Intel INF 184.108.40.2061, AMD Catalyst 7.1 and DX9c
Today we are pitting the original DQ6 against the new improved revision 3.3 as a direct comparison to see how much has been improved.
Both motherboards are running the same F9 BIOS with the DQ6 original at 497MHz FSB x 6 (2982MHz CPU clock speed) and the new DQ6 Rev 3.3 running at 517MHz FSB x 6 (3102MHz CPU clock speed). We have also added the impressive ASUS Commando P965 motherboard which was able to spin its wheels at 507MHz FSB x 6 (3042MHz CPU clock speed).
Sure, the newest DQ6 has the highest clock speed but it also has the bus speed advantage and it will be interesting to see what type of difference this makes to overall performance.
Let's have a look at how they compare!
EVEREST Ultimate Edition
Version and / or Patch Used: 2006
Developer Homepage: http://www.lavalys.com
Product Homepage: http://www.lavalys.com
EVEREST Ultimate Edition is an industry leading system diagnostics and benchmarking solution for enthusiasts PC users, based on the award-winning EVEREST Technology. During system optimizations and tweaking it provides essential system and overclock information, advanced hardware monitoring and diagnostics capabilities to check the effects of the applied settings. CPU, FPU and memory benchmarks are available to measure the actual system performance and compare it to previous states or other systems.
At stock clock speeds the two DQ6 boards are identical in performance, no differences - it's not until we clock things up that the new Rev 3.3 manages to hit the high note.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel reportedly 'kills off' its upcoming 10nm process
- Jump Force features original Akira Toriyama character 'Kane'
- Project Monolith - action adventure title for all platforms
- Crackdown 3 will be playable at Xbox FanFest 2018
- Agony Unrated is 90% off to Agony owners, releases Oct 31st
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam