Gigabyte hasn't made any drastic changes to the BIOS layout. Only some new features come into the BIOS thanks to the latest F9 BIOS update but that also works on the original DQ6, so any of these extra features are also available on the older DQ6.
Under the Motherboard Intelligent Tweaker (M.I.T) menu Gigabyte has placed all of these fantastic options for you to tweak at your leisure. The most notable difference with this board is that it supports native 1333MHz FSB mode, where the original DQ6 is left out. Gigabyte also accessed some new memory ratio dividers to keep the memory running within stock speeds at this FSB.
FSB: 100MHz to 650MHz in 1MHz increments
PCI Express: 90MHz to 150MHz in 1MHz increments
DIMM Overvoltage Control: +0.0V to a maximum of 0.775v in 0.025v increments
PCI-E Overvoltage Control: +0.0v to +0.35V in 0.05v increments
(G)MCH Overvoltage Control: +0.0v to 0.75v in 0.05v increments
FSB Overvoltage Control: +0.0V to +0.35v in 0.05v increments
CPU Overvoltage Control: 0.6875V to 2.375v in 0.025v increments
Our first Gigabyte DQ6 test sample was a great overclocker, in fact it was one of the best Socket 775 overclocking motherboards in our labs for a long time. Even with the early BIOS of F3, we managed to hit 443MHz FSB. When the F6 BIOS made it out we upgraded and instantly got a speed boost to over 470MHz FSB. F7 gave us 490MHz FSB and with extra tweaks we managed 497MHz FSB which is the highest we could get the board stable.
The DQ6 3.3 on the other hand made it to 517MHz FSB with the F9 BIOS in quick time, we attempted this with the original DQ6 and the F9 BIOS and there was no chance of it loading Windows XP. The DQ6 3.3 not only loaded XP but completed all of our tests without any problems.
To reach such a high FSB we used the multiplier reduction on the Core 2 Extreme down to 6x. FSB was set at 517MHz, PCI-E was locked at 100MHz, DRAM Voltage was at +0.375v, PCI-E and FSB Overvoltage was set at +0.35v and the (G)MCH voltage was at +0.55v.
Suffice to say, we are extremely impressed with the FSB OC result from the new Rev 3.3 DQ6. Not only is it a vast improvement over the original DQ6 but it also manages to beat the impressive ASUS Commando P965 by 10MHz FSB. Never mind that, it was able to offer the most impressive FSB OC result out of any Socket 775 motherboard we have tested so far and we've tested plenty of great boards from the likes of ASUS, DFI and MSI.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we don't have enough time to tweak the motherboard to the maximum and find the highest possible FSB as this could take days to properly find. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking or as new BIOS updates are released or "burn in" time might come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia set back until May 3
- $60,000 worth of GPUs power Unreal Engine ray tracing demo
- Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset announced for June 5th
- A Way Out official PC requirements released, launch trailer
- Dark Souls Remastered leaked images, Solaire amiibo spotted
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Corsair ML140 PRO RGB 140mm Magnetic Levitation Review
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- ارقام تليفونات صيانه ال جى ( 01014723434 _ 01225025360 ) تكييفات ا
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit