When everything is said and done, I am quite pleased with the latest Mushkin power supply. It is a very capable unit that handled a dual core, dual graphics system with ease. All power rails fell into a very competitive range and the many features included allow it to live up to the "Mushkin Enhanced" name.
It also has a smooth appearance and the chrome finish will make sure that your windowed case will get a nice aesthetic boost when the power supply is mounted. While not mentioned earlier, the large bottom fan is gently lit with a blue LED, so this may play into your interior lighting scheme.
With regards to price, the MSRP of the HP-580AP is listed at US$147, but the unit can be found online for less than $120. At this price, it falls toward the bottom of the pricing chart when comparing with comparable models from all manufacturers. This makes it not only a stout performer, but a good bargain as well.
Bottom line... If you are planning on a power supply upgrade and are looking for high performance, there are an absolute plethora of choices available to you. If you are also looking for a bargain on a power supply that has high performance AND doesn't break the wallet, then make sure to put the Mushkin Enhanced 580w PSU at the top of your list. With excellent performance, no power fluctuations along any of the rails and a price that is close to the bottom of the pricing charts, you will be hard pressed to find a better deal.
No fluctuation along any power rail
12v rails that combine for high power needs
Dual PCI-E graphics capable
580w power level not enough for true power users
Rating - 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Value Award!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- DC unleashes first Aquaman trailer during SDCC 2018
- GeForce GTX 1170 benchmark surfaces, faster than GTX 1080 Ti
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit