World's Fastest Memory? Corsair Dominator PC2-10000
DDR-2 modules just keep getting faster and faster as of late. Companies like OCZ, Mushkin, Corsair and Team for the most part have been looking at ways to one up each other with higher speeds.
Our last high-speed memory that we looked at was OCZ's water cooled FlexXLC modules that managed a stunning top speed of 600MHz or DDR2-1200. While there is some criticism of the DDR-2 memory standard, it has really opened the way for the high-speed memory modules that the new and improved Intel processor platform really does like. While DDR-3 is not that far off, DDR-2 still have some way to go apparently in its latter years of life.
Today we are taking a look at the world's fastest DDR-2 production memory and it's from Corsair. Rated at PC2-10000, it's able to run at 625MHz using a total of 2.4 volts and possibly even more if you are lucky enough. Can it truly dominate the competition, though?
Let's have a look and see what a 2GB dual channel memory kit worth about $750 USD or $1000 AUD down under actually provides.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit