It's clear that you're not going to be breaking any new 3DMark records with Galaxy's GeForce 7300GT. While we didn't want to put too much emphasis on straight out performance of the card, I expected it to perform slightly better than it did. Even though the PCI-E x16 card we were comparing against had a higher memory clock speed, we didn't expect to see so much difference in performance between both slots. Since it's been years since we have really used a motherboard with onboard graphics, we can't really give a 100% straight out answer on if it's a better option. We would think so mainly due to the fact that not only do you gain your memory back that the onboard video is using but also taking load off other parts of the system.
We would really love to see a HDMI variant of the card, preferably low profile as well. This would be an absolutely killer option (and if it had these features, it would have got a higher rating and better award) for anyone wanting to build a good home theater PC with some basic gaming ability. If Galaxy doesn't do it, we hope that a manufacturer out there reading decides to as this type of market segment would really benefit from such a graphics card.
In all the Galaxy GeForce 7300GT 128MB DDR-3 PCI-E x1 graphics card is a great option for those who don't have a motherboard with PCI-E x16 slots and want to add a third or even a forth monitor to their system without spending loads of cash. It's also a great option for someone who has built a low-end system or a HTPC and wants to upgrade their 3D graphics performances a little and not break the bank while doing it.
There really are a number of great uses for the product that lets it be such a perfect option in a number of different environments. You just have to understand that you're not going to be playing upcoming games like Crysis at 2560 x 1600.
Great options for many categories
Something which finally makes full use of PCI-E x1
Great onboard video upgrade option for users with no PCI-E x16 slot
Easy to setup, just like a normal graphics card
Affordably add more monitors to your system
Lacks HDCP support
Low profile would have been even nicer
Rating - 8.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Features Award!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [PCI-E x1 Usage]
- Page 3 [Galaxy's PCI-E x1 7300GT]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Lost Coast)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PREY]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Breath of the Wild Link joins Mario Kart 8 Deluxe roster
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit