It's been a while coming but we managed to arrange another look at an Intel P965 based motherboard from MSI. Our first look at the P965 offering from MSI really left us with a sour taste in our mouth. While we were looking at high-end boards, MSI sent us their more budget orientated model, named the P965 Neo. While price was its saving grace it wasn't the most exciting motherboard we've ever reviewed.
When we saw the board and bundle we knew MSI had designed this product for budget users, but we didn't know how much of a budget this board was meant for. The overclocking was practically non-existent. It lacked any additional features and flare. It was really a big disappointment from a company who we know can do a whole lot better.
So after some words to MSI we managed to arrange their most high-end P965 motherboard for testing, which we originally asked for to go into our roundup.
Today we check out the MSI P965 Platinum motherboard to see just what it has that the cheaper Neo version lacked. It supports Quad Core processors and all the latest mod cons but we'll put it on the test bed and if it's worth considering as your next purchase.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
- Page 4 [Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Everest]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - WorldBench]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - PREY]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Black Ops 4 physical sales down 50% compared WWII
- Mega Man 11 only had around 40 developers in the team
- Fortnite leak showcases a soon to be released gifting system
- A re-introduction into Old School RuneScape: New/Old players
- COD: Black Ops 4 launch day sales on PC up 100% over 2017
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ryzen 1600x, temps, spikes and normal workload
- Which modern Z370 ATX motherboards are most reliable? Seeking advice
- Zombidle: Fun With Surgery Is An Update With A Lot of Guts
- Theia Wallet Announced the 1.0 Version Beta Test, Supports BTC
- Orion Health launches Amadeus CORE to help healthcare sector leverage data analytics and machine learning
- Epson Booth to Feature Partners with latest POS Solutions at Money20/20
- Raybaby announces launch on Amazon