Test System Setup
Processor: Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 (Supplied by Intel)
Memory: 2x 1GB DDR2-1066 Corsair (Supplied by Corsair)
Hard Disk: 500GB Seagate 7200.9 SATA (Supplied by Seagate Australia)
Graphics Card: MSI Radeon 1950Pro (Supplied by MSI)
Cooling: Gigabyte Neon775 (Supplied by Gigabyte)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP SP2
Drivers: ATI Platform Drive 6.10, nVidia Platform Driver 9.53, ATI catalyst 6.12 and DX9c
Here we have the ASUS Striker against the already tested eVGA 680i (regular and more affordable design from nVidia) which is about $90 USD cheaper than the Striker Extreme and the DFI RD600. DFI's LANPARTY UT ICFX3200-T2R/G is a kick-ass motherboard that recently received our Editor's Choice award - it's comes in at around $125 USD cheaper than the ASUS Striker Extreme and offers ever so slightly better FSB overclocking in our tests (511MHz FSB vs. 510MHz FSB).
All of the motherboards for the overclocked portion of the tests used a multiplier of 6x, which allows us to examine the result of higher attainable FSB speeds. DFI was running at 6 x 511MHz (3066MHz), eVGA was running at 6 x 489 (2934MHz) and ASUS was running at 6 x 510MHz (3060MHz). All used the same memory speeds where possible but the DFI was just under the ASUS board at overclocked speeds due to its divider ranges but still very close together.
These are all expensive motherboards with the DFI RD600 being around 30% cheaper than the ASUS Striker Extreme and about 10% cheaper than the eVGA motherboard. Let's allow the benchmarks to do the talking and see who comes out in front at the end of the day.
Version and / or Patch Used: 2007
Developer Homepage: http://www.sisoftware.co.uk
Product Homepage: http://sisoftware.jaggedonline.com/index.php?location=home&a=TTA&lang=en
SiSoft Sandra (System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant) is a synthetic Windows benchmark that features different tests used to evaluate different PC subsystems.
At stock speeds the DFI RD600 manages just a slight lead. However, when we start to overclock the board, the nVidia 680i shows its colours with the ASUS board out in front on the memory bandwidth score.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [In The Box]
- Page 4 [Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - WorldBench]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - PREY]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hitman 2 'Expansion Pass' update adds DX12 support, March 26
- New Lord of the Rings game follows Gollums precious life
- Mortal Kombat 11's story throws players back into the 90's
- EA partner with Velan Studios to publish new team-based IP
- Apple TV+ is a new video streaming service to combat Netflix
- MSI MEG X399 CREATION (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- ASrock X99 Extreme4 - adding NVMe SSD
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Animoca Brands partners with Formula 1 to develop 'F1 Delta Time' blockchain game
- ENP Games, Mobile Game 'Wall-Breaking Master: Ballvader 2' Featured In Google Play
- Match Ventures is now free
- First Gameplay Video from Glorious Companions revealed - 10 minutes of Developer Commentary
- Kursk with a Great Discount on Steam!