Test System Setup
Processor: Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 (Supplied by Intel)
Memory: 2x 1GB DDR2-1066 Corsair (Supplied by Corsair)
Hard Disk: 500GB Seagate 7200.9 SATA (Supplied by Seagate Australia)
Graphics Card: MSI Radeon 1950Pro (Supplied by MSI)
Cooling: Gigabyte Neon775 (Supplied by Gigabyte)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP SP2
Drivers: ATI Platform Drive 6.10, nVidia Platform Driver 9.53, ATI catalyst 6.12 and DX9c
Here we have the ASUS Striker against the already tested eVGA 680i (regular and more affordable design from nVidia) which is about $90 USD cheaper than the Striker Extreme and the DFI RD600. DFI's LANPARTY UT ICFX3200-T2R/G is a kick-ass motherboard that recently received our Editor's Choice award - it's comes in at around $125 USD cheaper than the ASUS Striker Extreme and offers ever so slightly better FSB overclocking in our tests (511MHz FSB vs. 510MHz FSB).
All of the motherboards for the overclocked portion of the tests used a multiplier of 6x, which allows us to examine the result of higher attainable FSB speeds. DFI was running at 6 x 511MHz (3066MHz), eVGA was running at 6 x 489 (2934MHz) and ASUS was running at 6 x 510MHz (3060MHz). All used the same memory speeds where possible but the DFI was just under the ASUS board at overclocked speeds due to its divider ranges but still very close together.
These are all expensive motherboards with the DFI RD600 being around 30% cheaper than the ASUS Striker Extreme and about 10% cheaper than the eVGA motherboard. Let's allow the benchmarks to do the talking and see who comes out in front at the end of the day.
Version and / or Patch Used: 2007
Developer Homepage: http://www.sisoftware.co.uk
Product Homepage: http://sisoftware.jaggedonline.com/index.php?location=home&a=TTA&lang=en
SiSoft Sandra (System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant) is a synthetic Windows benchmark that features different tests used to evaluate different PC subsystems.
At stock speeds the DFI RD600 manages just a slight lead. However, when we start to overclock the board, the nVidia 680i shows its colours with the ASUS board out in front on the memory bandwidth score.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [In The Box]
- Page 4 [Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - WorldBench]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - PREY]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefront II gets cosmetic only microtransactions
- Far Cry 5 trophy list revealed, 20-30 hour platinum run
- Kirby Star Allies launch trailer released, shows abilities
- Battlegrounds hits 5 million players on Xbox One
- Frogwares release The Sinking City gameplay footage
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- 20 Pieces Galaxy S9+256GB Site www.BizFests.com $11,740
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- I guess as with most other forums this place is also a ghostown of bots
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit