The blue square box looks great as soon as you see it, clearly a nicer option then the grey/black combination that we have been seeing from them for a while now. The blue one really stands out and gives us all our normal information on the front.
We have our common features, Vista Ready, PCI Express, AVIVO and Crossfire. Looking at some of the more card specific ones we have the 256MB DDR-3 variant, dual DVI and something we haven't seen much of lately, VIVO. We can also see the big sticker stating the fact that of course the card makes use of the Arctic Cooling solution and a few key features of it. In all it is very standard with of course quite the emphasis on the fact that we have an aftermarket cooler installed.
Turning the box over, it's pretty run of the mill with some more core dependent features being shown, in a multitude of languages. There is a little blurb about Vista ready and of course all the usual information about the company.
Moving to the inside of the package we have our little manual along with 2 CDs, one includes the drivers needed to run the card, though we would recommend that you head over to the ATI website and check out the latest and the other is a Cyberlink DVD solution bundle which comes with a multitude of programs that you will probably find yourself not using.
Finally cable wise we have a huge amount mainly thanks to the fact that the card supports VIVO (video in / video out). Alongside that we have our RCA and S-Video TV out cables and a HD cable out in the form of component, we leave the package with a DVI to VGA connector and a PCI Express power connector if you don't have one natively on your power supply.
All in all the package is quite good, the fact that VIVO is included is a nice touch though it would have been nice to see a game as quite often we see PowerColor products with some good full version games bundled.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Lost Coast)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PREY]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Treasure hunt started for Dibalo III Eternal Collection
- COD: Black Ops 4 patch unlocks FPS cap in ALL modes on PC
- Red Dead Redemption 2 requires 89GB HDD space
- AMD's next-gen Zen 2: 13% IPC improvement, better perf soon
- Fortnite update 6.10: PS4 Pro res jumps from 1080p to 1440p
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- Latest z370 taichi bios is not stable no matter what I do.
- Inland Processional 3D NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe Gen 3 Review
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam