Since Computex 2006, we have been hearing rumours on a couple fronts that really had us interested and as it turns out, both turned out to be true. First was the highly discussed and anticipated RD600 chipset from the then ATI designed to take Core 2 Intel CPU's to the next level and the second was AMD buying up ATI.
At first rumours were flying on the latter front with "it's on, it's off" kinda feeling. But late in 2006, AMD and ATI finally made the move and now we have AMD with its own chipset and graphics division thanks to that of the ATI brand.
This left us wondering on the Intel front, would RD600 ever make it to the market potentially being an AMD owned chipset for an Intel CPU. First there were rumours of it being scrapped, but now we have finally seen the first board based on this chipset cross our path, and by the looks of it possibly the only one that you will ever see.
DFI has taken to the market and with courage decided to face whatever Intel does to them further on down the track, after all, why be afraid these days? There is still the AMD market if DFI gets shafted by Intel. Nevertheless, it's good to see a company like DFI stand up and be strong and give the consumer what they want.
Today we are checking out the DFI ICFX3200-T2R/G motherboard based on the new RD600 or Crossfire 3200 as it's now known. From the word go, this chipset was set to be a tremendous overclocker but what were the team at DFI able to do with the motherboard? Let's check it out and see if it was worth the fuss and wait!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Crossfire 3200 Intel Closer Inspection]
- Page 4 [Package and Contents]
- Page 5 [Motherboard]
- Page 6 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - WorldBench]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - PREY]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Crossfire Tests]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Palit's new GeForce RTX 2080/2080 Ti GamingPro pictured
- MSI's new GeForce RTX 2080/2080 Ti DUKE leaked
- NVIDIA's next-gen GeForce RTX 2080 Ti has 4352 CUDA cores
- MSI's new GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO teased
- Burnout Paradise Remastered debuts to PC August 21st
- Fnatic Flick 2 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- Buy (3) Apple iPhone X $1.947 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Buy (3 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1.947
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080: What We Know So Far
- Can't get RAM to run at rated speeds with XMP
- Road Redemption Coming This Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- PROZE: a VR survival adventure announcement trailer
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada