As I have mentioned before, the power supply is simply not a component that allows you to cut corners. An underpowered PSU has been proven to be the cause of numerous stability issues in the past, so is a very important component of any modern PC. Those who do not go after quality up front are looking for trouble down the road.
The GPX750 tested today shows itself to be a very solid power supply capable of handling the rigors of a high-level system even under adverse conditions. With power levels across all three rails that exceeded industry specifications, you can be assured of a solid supply of power to your rig.
The modular design is also a huge plus, especially for those looking for some help in the cable management arena. When you don't have to have those extra cables inside the case you don't have to hide them. As noted before, this also helps with proper airflow since you don't have all those extra wires getting in the way of your fans' airway.
As far as price is concerned, there is very little information on availability in the US. The company is reportedly a large quantity seller in the Hong Kong market, which may explain why I was sent a 240v power cord with the review product, but availability seems to be scarce at the time. After all, even the best power supply on the market isn't any good if you can't get your hands on it.
Bottom line... If you are looking for a power supply, there are a huge number of choices available to you. The GPX750 offers a sustained 750-watt supply of power and manages to deliver it across all voltage rails in a smooth and consistent manner. We'll have to set value aside for the time being until pricing information is available, but performance-wise this model shows a lot of promise.
Sustained 750 watts of power
Very stable power across all rails
Dual PCI-E and enough power to handle dual graphics
Low noise levels when operating
Availability in market outside Hong Kong
Low number of native Molex connectors
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Features Award!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard