SiS 735 in a bit of detail
The SiS 735 is SiS' second chipset solution for AMD K7 platform. The first solution from SiS was the SiS 730S. This chip supported SDR SDRAM, Integrated SMA video, Single chip design, and was all in all a very good performer for the All-in-One computer. The SiS 735 strays away from the main design of All-in-One chips. Firstly there is no onboard video, so you can use your Geforce 2-3 or any other AGP card known to exist on this board. The 735 supports the AGP 2.0 specs for up to 4x transfer rates, sideband addressing and fastwrites.
On the memory side, the 735 has dual SDRAM controllers, one for SDR SDRAM up to 1.5GB and DDR SDRAM up to 1.5GB. Total system memory is only 1.5GB since you can't run the SDRAM and DDR SDRAM at the same time. Supporting the Asyncronous memory clock you can have your FSB at 266 and memory at 100 or vice versa; or running syncronously, depending of what CPU/memory you have.
The SiS 735, like the 730, is a single chip solution. Both the northbridge and southbridges are encased in one 682 ball BGA packaging. Supporting MuTIO (MultiThread I/O) rather than Hub or PCI connections, the 735 has a peak bandwidth between the north and southbridges of up to 1.2gb/s; which is more than 4x the speed of Intel's hub or VIA's V-Link.
Using the 5595 Super Southbridge (integrated into the 735 package), the SiS 735 supports ATA specifications for up to 100MB/s IDE transfers, 6OHCI USB ports, AC'97 4 channel audio, MC'97 Modem and network interface, and all provided by one chip built into the southbridge. This also allows the 735 to have networking capabilities straight off the assembly line.
Below is a block diagram of the SiS 735 to give you a better idea of just how it works:
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dead Space 2 dev recounts harsh reality of game budgets
- Analysts forecast Capcom will miss net sales target
- Capcom ships 4 million copies of Resident Evil 7
- Petroglyph Games announce new RTS- Forged Battalion
- Seagate announce its new Enterprise Datasphere Fleet
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz