BIOS and Overclocking
Now we come to the BIOS. The setup used is the Award v6.0 modular BIOS allowing vendors to customise their BIOS how they want it, especially for overclocking features. When you enter the BIOS, Foxconn has a scrolling colour banner at the top and bottom of the BIOS screen, its not visible really here but it's a nice touch. Foxconn places all overclocking and tweaking options under the Tiger Central Control Unit menu.
Once in the Tiger Central Control Unit menu you get faced with the overclocking options. There aren't as many as some boards out there but it will give you enough to overclock your board.
FSB : 200 to 500MHz in 1MHz increments
DRAM Voltage: 1.82v to 2.45v in 0.05v increments
Vcore Voltage: -0.500 to +0.3375v in 0.025v increments
If you set your PCI Async control to disable you are able to control the frequency of the PCI E clock, allowing you to lock it to 100MHz. Under the Advanced chipset Features menu is where you can adjust your K8 multiplier and Cool 'N' Quiet control.
Lastly we have the DRAM setting menu, pretty standard here.
With all these settings we only managed to hit 274MHz FSB with the DRAM at 2.21v, CPU at default voltage and PCI Express locked at 100MHz - overall, not a very impressive overclock.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we don't have enough time to tweak the motherboard to the maximum and find the highest possible FSB as this could take days to properly find. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking or as new BIOS updates are released or "burn in" time might come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Package and Contents]
- Page 4 [Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premier Elements]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PREY]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get schooled for our 'Night School' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Win a Blu-ray copy of the film on us!
- Aim for the stars in our 'First Man' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Metro Exodus' story reacts to your decisions
- Visceral's Star Wars game was basically Star Wars Uncharted
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media