The heatsink is similar to many copper sinks that are on the market today. They use the proven thin fin design, and then encase it with a sheet of lightweight aluminum. The purpose of the surrounding metal is to give a base for the fan to be attached to. It also allows for the airflow to be directed to the base of the heatsink, which is just where we want it anyway.
The picture above shows you the direct comparison of the two Vantec models being talked about. The CCK-6027D model is on the left, and the CCK-6035D is on the right.
The sink itself measures in at a slender 65mm x 65mm x 29mm. Remember one of the goals of being smaller? The big brother (CCK-6035D) measures in at 65mm x 64mm x 39mm. So it manages to handle the first goal of being smaller.
It also manages to easily bring itself in at a lighter weight too. With all the huge heatsinks on the market today, the CCK-6027D almost seems dwarfed as it weighs in at a meager 350 grams (including fan). The 6035D by comparison weighs in at 386 grams.
The base is a solid piece of copper, and the fins are attached by means of a small copper bar that is riveted to the base in two places. It is very smooth, and required no lapping before placing it onto the processor. It's a nice change of pace to have the work done for you when it comes time to mount the sink.
The fan that powers this unit is one of the ever popular Delta models. It has a 30-CFM rating and only emits an ear-pleasing 39.5 dBA compared to the massive 46.5 dBA produced by the 38-CFM model. It measures in at a standard 60mm x 60mm x 25mm, and is fitted with a fan grill.
One thing that I've noticed is that when you start using Delta fans other than their 38-CFM model, you start to suffer in the cooling arena. We'll need to keep a close eye on the test results to see whether this will be a good idea or not. While quiet is very nice, it normally doesn't equate to a cool processor.
So, they managed to meet all three of their goals. Now to see if it's an effective cooler
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Soulcalibur VI physical sales crater, the rise of digital
- Dynasty Warriors 9 online and local co-op update/demo Nov 1
- CD Projekt RED's Thronebreaker - 'No plans' for Switch debut
- Starlink: Battle for Atlas - 82% of unit sales on Switch
- Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends - West Switch release
- Samsung Bar Plus 256GB Flash Drive Review
- Buffalo Linkstation 520 2-Bay NAS Review
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Palit introduces the reinvented GeForce RTX 2070 Dual
- Cooler Master Unveils the C700P Carbon
- EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 - Now Available for Order
- SP Launches New Pocket-Sized Power Banks
- Tesla vs Lovecraft Pre-Orders Start on iOS - Release date is 25th Oct