Mellanox® Technologies, Ltd. (NASDAQ: MLNX), a leading supplier of high-end cloud and storage networking solutions, today announced a set of storage demonstrations and performance benchmark results which showcase how customers can accelerate applications, analyze data faster, and lower expenditures using Remote Direct Memory Access (RDMA) technology to share solid-state storage.
"The higher performance of solid state storage demands higher performance from the interconnect technology in order for businesses to realize the true power of their data centers and the information they hold," stated Kevin Deierling, vice president of marketing at Mellanox Technologies. "Customers have been clear that when they invest in flash storage, they want to share it across multiple servers using the most efficient networking available to maximize their return on investment. Nearly everyone who wants to demonstrate fast fabric access to flash is using Mellanox products, and we are excited to show these solutions with our partners."
During the Flash Memory Summit (August 11-13, 2015), Mellanox and key partners will demonstrate the following solutions that illustrate how high-speed networking empowers solid state storage technologies:
· Apeiron will be demonstrating their Apeiron Data Fabric (booth #819);
· Phase-change memory (PCM) access over EDR 100Gb/s InfiniBand with access latency of less than 2 microseconds with HGST (booth #647);
· NMX-series Server SAN and NVMe over Fabrics powered by Mellanox to achieve millions of IOPS with Mangstor (booth #649);
· NVMe Over Fabrics network access to NVMe devices with industry leading high performance and low latency, using both RDMA Over Converged Ethernet (RoCE) and InfiniBand demonstrated with Memblaze (booth #319), Micron, and PMC-Sierra (booth #213);
· iSCSI over RDMA (iSER) access to a flash array with extremely high throughput and IOPs, demonstrated with Micron, Saratoga Speed (booth #517), and others;
· NetApp EF560 flash array with iSER capability using Mellanox FDR 56Gb/s InfiniBand technology (booth #511);
· Next generation NVRAM replication over a RDMA network exhibiting very low latency with PMC-Sierra (booth #213);
· Next generation NVMe flash technology with key applications (Samsung Semiconductor booth #307);
· InfiniFlash array with unprecedented high IOPS Ceph performance using Mellanox 40GbE networking with SanDisk (booth #207).
Mellanox will showcase new technologies that expedite access to solid state storage, including the new Spectrum 10/25/40/50/100Gb/s Ethernet switch, ConnectX-4 100Gb/ Ethernet and InfiniBand adapter, and ConnectX-4 Lx 10/25/40/50Gb/s Ethernet adapter. These solutions can be seen in the Mellanox booth #817. More details about the demonstrations and technologies can be found in the Mellanox blogs at http://www.mellanox.com/blog/.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- World of Warcraft expansion 'Battle for Azeroth' releases
- FromSoftware release Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice screenshots
- Capcom/Valve to fix Monster Hunter: World connection errors
- Marvel's Spider-Man gameplay launch trailer unveiled early
- Nintendo smashes Sony in total hardware sales: 700 million+
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Z97-UD5H-BK: Modded BIOS for NVME support
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $1,300
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX and 2950X Review
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution
- NVIDIA to Collaborate with DARPA to Develop Systems for Post-Moore's Law Era
- New Turing-Based Design Revolutionizes Workflow of Millions of Designers and Artists on the Desktop and in the Datacenter
- Hybrid Rendering Fundamentally Changes Computer Graphics by Fusing Real-Time Ray Tracing, AI, Simulation and Rasterization
- AMD Launches World's Most Powerful Desktop Processor: Bigger, Better 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper Processors Break Boundaries of High-End Desktop Market