Although ASRock Z170 OC Formula is not publicly available yet, it is already attracting lots of attention from the overclocking community, because John Lam from HKEPC OC lab has broken the world record for memory clock scores last night. With a G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 memory DIMM and ASRock's new prototype Z170 OC Formula, John Lam has managed to force a single DDR4 memory DIMM up to an untouchable 2397.7 MHz memory clock score, landing him number one on the memory clock rank.
John Lam's record breaker was made possible with a G.Skill Ripjaws 4 DDR4 memory DIMM, Intel Core i7 6700K CPU and ASRock Z170 OC Formula. With liquid nitrogen, patience and a whole lot of concentration, he successfully pushed the single memory module to an impressive 2397.7 MHz. Surpassing the ex-champion by nearly 90 MHz, thus taking a huge lead on the record board.
ASRock Z170 OC Formula's designer, Nick Shih feels both pumped up and challenged upon hearing this new world record, "Trust me when I say I know what this motherboard is capable of, but I'm just not sure about its limits yet. This isn't even its final form!" Meanwhile, he is still giving that final touch to his new masterpiece ASRock Z170 OC Formula, which is expected to debut in the end of August.
For more 100 Series motherboards, head over to:
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit