The world's first quantum dot desktop monitor was launched today in China thanks to a partnership between MMD (Philips Monitors) and QD Vision. The Philips 27" Full HD monitor (276E6ADS) achieves 99% Adobe RGB color, making it ideal for entertainment and gaming, as well as professional photography and design. QD Vision is demonstrating the new quantum dot monitor at booth 1025 at SID Display Week.
Philips' new high-performance desktop monitors use QD Vision's Color IQ optics to deliver vibrant colors and life-like images. The Color IQ quantum dot solution, coupled with full HD resolution display, produce a professional-quality display available at a price of mainstream desktop monitors. "The E6 monitor breaks new ground, delivering superior picture quality at an exceptional value," said Chris Brown, Marketing Manager at MMD for Philips Monitors "We are proud to again lead the industry - this time with the world's first quantum dot monitor - featuring Color IQ from QD Vision."
"QD Vision is dedicated to delivering the world's best color across all display types, so it makes sense we would partner with MMD to bring the first quantum dot display to market," said Matt Mazzuchi, Vice President, Market and Business Development at QD Vision. "As we continue to expand our portfolio, more consumers can experience stunning color and true-to-life images, whether they are watching a movie, editing photos, or online shopping."
According to Dr. Jennifer Colegrove, CEO and principal analyst at Touch Display Research, Inc., 51% of monitors will adopt quantum dot technology by 2025. Touch Display Research recently published their second edition of the Quantum Dot Display and Lighting Technologies and Market Forecast Report, available at https://www.touchdisplayresearch.com.
The E6 line of monitors (Model 276E6ADSW) is available now in China, and will be available in Korea, Europe and US before mid-2015.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Shazam's first trailer injects fun, and color into the DCEU
- DC unleashes first Aquaman trailer during SDCC 2018
- GeForce GTX 1170 benchmark surfaces, faster than GTX 1080 Ti
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit