The Immersive Education Initiative today announced that Aaron E. Walsh, founding director of the organization and Boston College faculty, will deliver the opening keynote address at IMMERSION 2015 in Paris this September. Walsh, a world-renowned expert in immersion and immersive technologies, coined the term "Immersive Education" and established the field of Immersive Education.
Named one of the most innovative people in the Information Technology (IT) industry by Computerworld, the premier source of news and analysis for the IT industry, Walsh has been featured in a number of leading technology and mainstream publications, including Newsweek and Newsweek International.
He has been featured by Entrepreneur magazine, CBS Interactive's business technology news service, and was recently interviewed by Larry King about the staggering applications of 3D printing and the technology's potential to change the world - for better and worse.
His opening IMMERSION 2015 keynote address, The Age of Immersion, will address the personal and cultural impact of immersion and immersive technologies such as Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented Reality (AR), simulations, video games, neurogaming, immersive caves and domes, 3D printing and robotics. His provocative keynote will shine a light on "Immersive Illness," a term that describes mental health issues (such as addiction, alienation, and mental schisms) that may be exhibited by a certain percentage of the population upon prolonged exposure to immersive experiences.
Disney, Google, Smithsonian, and the United States Department of the Interior (DOI) National Parks Service keynotes and workshops will compliment Walsh's opening address at IMMERSION 2015.
For more information visit http://summit.ImmersiveEducation.org
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Intel Core i9-9900K rumor: 8C/16T at a huge 5.5GHz on Aug 1
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole DLC release date unveil
- 1 hour of gameplay footage released for Forza Horizon 4
- VirtualLink: next-gen VR over a single USB Type-C cable
- World of Warcraft expansions, now only a $15 subscription
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit