CoolIT Systems announced today it has successfully deployed its Rack DCLC liquid cooled solution at the Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Center (PSNC) in partnership with Huawei and Itprojekt. This is PSNC's first Direct Contact Liquid Cooled (DCLC) cluster and is already achieving the objectives of reducing cooling costs and improving processor performance by leveraging the lower operating temperatures. The result of this installation is the most economic liquid-cooled cluster in Poland.
The PSNC solution combines Huawei blade servers in the E9000 chassis with CoolIT Systems Rack DCLC processor and memory cooling modules to remove 80% of the server heat via the liquid loop. The liquid is distributed through stainless steel manifolds utilizing all metal, dry-break quick connects for hot-swappable servicing of all the blades. The cluster, delivered by Warsaw based systems integrator Itprojekt, is an extremely efficient solution that utilizes inlet water temperatures of 40°C and beyond.
Located at the Institute of Bio-organic Chemistry of the Polish Academy of Sciences, PSNC is a premier center for HPC in Poland and is the national leader in implementing innovative technologies for the national scientific network.
"Reducing energy usage and lowering operating costs are permanently on our check-list when planning for new high performance computing clusters," said Radoslaw Januszewski, IT Specialist at PSNC. "Liquid cooling is the most efficient way to achieve our objectives and we are seeing excellent results and reliability from the combined Huawei and CoolIT Systems cluster."
"There is no escape from liquid-cooling," said Maciej Szadkowski, Itprojekt VP / BDM. "The CoolIT technology already displaces traditional air-conditioning from server rooms and represents an absolute innovation away from proprietary, monolithic liquid systems. In place of these expensive systems unavailable for ordinary users, we applied standard blade servers supplemented by flexible liquid cooling. Itprojekt and CoolIT designed and implemented an especially economic solution available not only for supercomputing centres but also for almost any server room."
"The exceptional results from the PSNC cluster demonstrates the benefits of utilizing CoolIT's innovative direct contact liquid cooling technology for customers," said Geoff Lyon, CEO/CTO of CoolIT Systems. "Dedicated liquid processor and RAM cooling components, combined with an extremely low power consumption heat exchange solution has enabled one of the most efficient HPC clusters in EMEA. We look forward to future collaborations with Huawei and Itprojekt."
The PSNC cluster was showcased at the KDM 2015 (High Power Server) community meeting in Poznan, 11-12 May.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Soulcalibur VI physical sales crater, the rise of digital
- Dynasty Warriors 9 online and local co-op update/demo Nov 1
- CD Projekt RED's Thronebreaker - 'No plans' for Switch debut
- Starlink: Battle for Atlas - 82% of unit sales on Switch
- Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends - West Switch release
- Samsung Bar Plus 256GB Flash Drive Review
- Buffalo Linkstation 520 2-Bay NAS Review
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Palit introduces the reinvented GeForce RTX 2070 Dual
- Cooler Master Unveils the C700P Carbon
- EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 - Now Available for Order
- SP Launches New Pocket-Sized Power Banks
- Tesla vs Lovecraft Pre-Orders Start on iOS - Release date is 25th Oct