UltraSoC and Teledyne LeCroy today announce that they will collaborate on debug and validation technologies to reduce time-to-market and overall development costs in a wide range of high-tech industries, from automotive and computer peripheral manufacture, to emerging IoT applications.
Teledyne LeCroy, the worldwide leader in protocol test solutions, delivers a range of hardware and software tools that enables engineers to verify, test, debug, and validate electronic system designs. UltraSoC provides silicon IP for data acquisition and analysis that can be "baked-in" to the complex semiconductor devices (System on Chip or SoC) at the heart of such designs. The combination of Teledyne LeCroy's ability to provide a high-level view of system behavior and UltraSoC's capabilities to offer visibility deep within the SoC creates a powerful toolset that allows the engineer to quickly and instinctively understand the system's operation, spot problems and devise solutions.
These joint developments will benefit designers of a broad range of end-products. For example, hard disk manufacturers could combine protocol analysis of the external system-level interfaces, such as SATA, gathered via one or more Teledyne LeCroy instruments, with data gathered internally to the drive's controller chip by UltraSoC's UltraDebug technology. This capability will enable system developers to track information, including time sensitive events, as it flows from one side of an interface to another and correlate it with internal software execution.
"Teledyne LeCroy is the leading name in protocol test; electronic design engineers around the world rely upon their solutions every day," said Rupert Baines, UltraSoC CEO. "We believe that the combination of UltraSoC and Teledyne LeCroy technology will put a powerful and unique capability in the hands of those engineers, not just making their job easier but also fostering innovation and problem-solving."
Joe Mendolia, Vice President of Marketing at Teledyne LeCroy, said: "Building dedicated debug and analytics IP into semiconductor devices dramatically eases the task of post-silicon validation and debug, one of the key bottlenecks in time-to-market today. UltraSoC's technology allows SoC designers to put together IP and processing cores from multiple vendors, with a unified on-chip analytics capability. Teledyne LeCroy's key strengths are clearly complementary - in acquiring, displaying, and contextualizing such data. We're delighted to be working together."
Loring Wirbel, Senior Analyst with The Linley Group, commented: "As systems are growing more complex but development resources are stretched, anything that can accelerate debug, integration and time-to-volume becomes critical. We are seeing SoC companies and end-users placing far greater emphasis on development and debug early on in the design flow. Partnerships like this can significantly help both chip development and system level debug, and are an essential tool for anyone planning a complex development".
Joint work by the two companies will build on the capabilities of Teledyne LeCroy's protocol analysis instruments, CrossSync and InSight tools, combining these with UltraSoC's UltraDebug technology.
The two companies will disclose further details of the collaboration at the upcoming 52nd Design Automation Conference (DAC) at San Francisco's Moscone Center, June 7 - 11, 2015 on UltraSoC's Booth (#3501).
Latest News Posts
- Spider-Man developers thought the story wasn't funny enough
- Warner Bros. release teaser for Pokemon: Detective Pikachu
- China sprouts the first life ever made on the Moons surface
- Zelda: Link's Awakening Switch & GameBoy comparison video
- Apex Legends mods have banned over 16,000 cheaters so far
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- BundleFest is coming - Get ready for the biggest bundle event of the year
- Team NINJA Announces DEAD OR ALIVE 6 Deluxe Demo, World Championship, and SNK Collaboration
- Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. Launches Jump Force; The Ultimate Manga Crossover Extravaganza
- The Escape Room Puzzle Game Themed On The Seven Deadly Sins Will Hit Steam On Feb 28th
- [01Studio] Indie MMORPG - Citywars Savage