VisionTek Products LLC, (VisionTek) http://www.visiontek.com, a leading manufacturer of award-winning, high-performance upgrades and accessories for PCs and Macs, today announced the new VisionTek DriveXpander 2.5" drive expansion slot adapter. Designed to fit any full-sized PCI or PCIe expansion slot, the DriveXpander enables data transfer speeds up to 600MB/s from bare drives with nearly any Windows based PC desktop or OS X based 2006-2012 Mac Pro.
The DriveXpander increases the functionality of a PC or Mac Pro by:
- adding additional storage capacity up to 2TB when internal bays are filled or are not accessible.
- offering quick and easy bare drive status verification.
- providing individual drive access from a storage array with minimal or no system down time.
- enabling removable storage to be added to the rear of a system - especially handy for HTPCs - where it is less noticeable or accessible to unauthorized users.
Add A New Drive in Three Easy Steps
The DriveXpander eliminates the need for an external enclosure or power adapter for truly tool-free and screw-less drive use. After an easy, two minute installation, users can read and write a 2.5" SATA I/II/III hard drive or solid state drive sized 7mm to 9.5mm by simply:
- opening the drive access lever on the DriveXpander,
- gently inserting a drive until resistance is felt,
- and closing the DriveXpander's drive access lever to fully insert and connect drive.
Custom Adapter Assures Perfect Fit with Any Expansion Slot
Unlike other hot-swap drive adapter designs that only work with PCI slots, the DriveXpander includes a custom PCIe slot stability adapter for a snug, secure fit on either expansion slot type.
Patented Design Assures Trouble-Free Use
The DriveXpander features a patented non-scratch SATA (NSS) connector that makes a direct connection with a drive's connector leads so users can install and eject a drive over 50,000 times with confidence. A perforated backplate and open cage design also ensures trouble-free drive use by providing effective passive drive cooling.
Lockable Access Panel Prevents Drive Theft
To prevent unauthorized removal of an installed drive, the DriveXpander features a special shaped key lock to provide peace-of-mind long-term drive installation.
Pricing & Availability
The $19.99 MSRP DriveXpander includes all data and power cables required for Plug and Play operation and is available immediately directly from VisionTek, select e-tailers such as Amazon, Tiger Direct, and Dell; and national distributors such as Ingram Micro and D&H.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit