Toshiba Corporation's Semiconductor & Storage Products Company announced it will showcase a reference display of the world's first PCI Express (PCIe) single package SSD, integrating up to 256 GB in a single BGA package, at the 2015 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), to be held from January 6 to January 9 in Las Vegas, U.S.A.
The "BG Series" SSDs on reference display will be products under development. Utilizing Toshiba's cutting-edge packaging technology applied in products like e・MMC, it is the world's first PCI Express single package SSD, available in capacities up to 256 GB in a 16 mm x 20 mm x 1.65 mm BGA package. Also to be showcased will be a reference display of the world's smallest removable module type SSD, which integrates the BGA single package SSD on a single-sided form factor.
The new SSDs incorporate PCI Express, a high speed serial I/O interface for PCs, as physical interface and NVM Express optimized for SSDs as command interface.
The single package type SSDs of the new series weigh below 1 g, reducing weight by approximately 98%, compared to 2.5-inch types widely used in PCs. It also reduces storage space by more than 95%. It can contribute to light-weight mobile PCs and also to longer battery life by increasing available space for battery packs.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft wants you to 'feel true power' with Xbox One X
- Fiber optic cables double as early earthquake detectors
- Surface Pro LTE delayed until at least Spring 2018
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard