Sydney, Mar. 27, 2013 - LG Electronics (LG) has moved to number three in global market share for smartphone wholesale revenue.
Attributing its success to its strong focus and leadership in 4G/LTE technology and successful 4G/LTE product line-up, LG is excited with its rapid growth and will continue to enhance its current position in the marketplace during 2013.
Over the past 12 months, LG has seen an incredible performance in the mobile communications category that has allowed the company to move up five places in the global rankings to the number three position.
In Australia, LG's three-tiered strategy will be led by its flagship model, Optimus G, to target the premium segment while the F and the refreshed L series range will be positioned as mass audience smartphones for 4G and 3G consumers, respectively.
"These latest market share results prove that LG is once again a serious player in the mobile communications space. We've set high benchmarks this year, and with our product line-up, are confident we can achieve them," says Lambro Skropidis, Marketing General Manager for LG Australia.
LG is the number three manufacturer in terms of global smartphone wholesale revenue as of Q4, 2012. With 3.2 per cent, LG trails only Apple and Samsung (42.7 per cent and 28.7 per cent respectively).
In descending order from fourth place are HTC (2.9 per cent), Sony (2.8 per cent), Blackberry (2.3 per cent), Nokia (2.2 per cent), and Motorola (1.9 per cent); while a number of smaller players account for the remaining 13.2 per cent.
LG's latest offering, Optimus G, is available now exclusively on the Telstra network. 'THE SUPERPHONE' is also available to purchase at Telstra stores, Fone Zone, Leading Edge, and JB Hi-Fi retailers.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ONRUSH gameplay trailer reveals new game modes
- YouTube star John 'TotalBiscuit' Bain has died age 33
- God of War reaches a massive 5 million units sold
- The Wolf Among Us Season Two hit with 2019 delay
- Nintendo's '2nd Unit Set' for the Switch is dockless, $230
- the best value, budget upgrade for me
- best value budget upgrade path
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $1.422
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit