Sydney, Mar. 27, 2013 - LG Electronics (LG) has moved to number three in global market share for smartphone wholesale revenue.
Attributing its success to its strong focus and leadership in 4G/LTE technology and successful 4G/LTE product line-up, LG is excited with its rapid growth and will continue to enhance its current position in the marketplace during 2013.
Over the past 12 months, LG has seen an incredible performance in the mobile communications category that has allowed the company to move up five places in the global rankings to the number three position.
In Australia, LG's three-tiered strategy will be led by its flagship model, Optimus G, to target the premium segment while the F and the refreshed L series range will be positioned as mass audience smartphones for 4G and 3G consumers, respectively.
"These latest market share results prove that LG is once again a serious player in the mobile communications space. We've set high benchmarks this year, and with our product line-up, are confident we can achieve them," says Lambro Skropidis, Marketing General Manager for LG Australia.
LG is the number three manufacturer in terms of global smartphone wholesale revenue as of Q4, 2012. With 3.2 per cent, LG trails only Apple and Samsung (42.7 per cent and 28.7 per cent respectively).
In descending order from fourth place are HTC (2.9 per cent), Sony (2.8 per cent), Blackberry (2.3 per cent), Nokia (2.2 per cent), and Motorola (1.9 per cent); while a number of smaller players account for the remaining 13.2 per cent.
LG's latest offering, Optimus G, is available now exclusively on the Telstra network. 'THE SUPERPHONE' is also available to purchase at Telstra stores, Fone Zone, Leading Edge, and JB Hi-Fi retailers.
Latest News Posts
- Take home The Crown in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Digital-only Xbox One coming in 2019
- Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales fails at sales expectations
- Sunset Overdrive is coming to PC, available on November 16th
- SMITE Nintendo Switch release planned for November 16th
- Z77-D3H MB and bizzare boot issue
- HyperX Gaming microSD 128GB Review
- FS:[20Pieces] Apple iPhone XR.Xs.Xs Max 64/256/512GB.$8,980
- Vital Progenix
- ASUS PRIME B450M-A/CSM AM4 with AMD RYZEN 5 2600 CPU will only boot Windows after reset
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions