SANTA CLARA, Calif. and BARCELONA, Spain, February 20, 2013 - Mobile World Congress 2013 - Analogix Semiconductor, the market leader in enabling DisplayPort solutions, announced that along with the Google Nexus 4, the Optimus G Pro smartphone is the next Slimport-enabled device from LG to provide easy connectivity to HDMI TVs, VGA projectors and DisplayPort monitors.
"With SlimPort, LG is able to deliver unprecedented functionality at a lower cost, because of its streamlined design and standard USB connector," said Dr. Ramchan Woo, division leader/smart phone platform division of LG Mobile Communications Company. "SlimPort unleashes content from the Optimus G Pro smartphone, making it a snap to share and enjoy videos, games, photos and more on any screen."
Based on the VESA DisplayPort standard, SlimPort accessories enable smartphones and tablet to output HD audio and video from the micro-USB port to HDMI, VGA, DisplayPort or DVI-enabled TBs, projectors and monitors. As a result, mobile users can enjoy theater-quality HD video and audio from any-sized display, without draining the power of the mobile device.
"The mobile market is innovating at a rapid pace and LG Smartphone is leading this market," said Andre Bouwer, vice president of marketing for Analogix. "LG's Optimus G Pro is a powerful and versatile smartphone, and the inclusion of SlimPort makes it an extraordinary value for consumers and business professionals alike."
Latest News Posts
- Spyro Reiginited Trilogy may get subtitles added soon
- Piccolo/Cell/Kenshin and Shishio added to Jump Force roster
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate post-launch rumor, more content?
- Switch SMITE scheduled for Jan 24th launch, pre-orders live
- Amazon depleted of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate stock
- Narrow bezel on a metallic chassis MSI PS42 14 Thin & Light Laptop Review
- is a supplement this is
- 'Koala Stoner Noir' Free Demo Released Today. Full Game Updated With New Map Location And Cinema Experience
- TRENDnet launches long-range PoE+ switches
- ADATA Launches Ultimate SU630 3D QLC NAND SSD
- Razer announces the BlackWidow Lite
- ASUS ROG Announces ROG Strix Radeon RX 590 Graphics Card