CES 2013 - Las Vegas, Nevada - January 8, 2013 - Corsair, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC hardware market, today announced the Corsair Voyager Air, the first all-in-one mobile wireless drive, home network attached storage, USB drive, and wireless hub.
With up to 1TB of capacity, a rechargeable battery, Wi-Fi, Ethernet, and USB 3.0 connectivity, the Voyager Air enables digital media enthusiasts to consolidate an entire collection of movies, music, or other documents for sharing on their home network or on the go. Media stored on Voyager Air may be accessed directly from a PC or Mac, or with a free Corsair app, streamed to Android devices or Apple iPad, iPhone and iPod touch devices. Voyager Air can quick be connected to a home network for easy access to media from network-enabled smart TVs, Blu-ray players, game consoles, DVRs, and streaming media boxes. Available in 500GB and 1TB models, Voyager Air provides enough storage to hold up to 800 full-length HD movies or 380,000 MP3 files.
Wireless Mobile Storage for Media Streaming on the Go
With Voyager Air, multiple users can enjoy their stored movies, TV shows, music and photos at the office, on a road trip, or while on vacation. Voyager Air is a self-contained streaming media server with a wireless hub built-in, so Voyager Air can wirelessly stream digital content to other playback devices directly with no Internet connection required. Voyager Air provides solid, fast, and secure 802.11n/b/g Wi-Fi connections for multiple users at ranges up to 90 feet, and can stream high-definition video to up to five devices at once. The high-capacity rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides up to seven hours of video streaming between recharges.
Shared Network Storage for the Home
Voyager Air can also function as a shared home network attached storage (NAS) drive by simply plugging it into a network router via its built-in Gigabit Ethernet interface. It can then be accessed by multiple users on any networked Windows, OS X, or Linux system to stream media or for file storage, media consolidation, and backup. Voyager Air comes ready to use in Windows format (NTFS) but Mac users can easily reformat to HFS+ for Time Machine compatibility. The Voyager Air drive may be partitioned for easier organization of media and user files.
Portable USB 3.0 Drive, Up to 2x Faster
Voyager Air also functions as a super-fast USB 3.0 drive with nearly twice the performance of similar mobile USB drives, enabling users to copy a two-hour HD movie in under 30 seconds or 1000 iPhone photos in under 45 seconds. It's compatible with USB 2.0 connections, as well.
Mobile Wireless Hub for Sharing Internet Access
By connecting Voyager Air to a Wi-Fi hotspot and enabling wireless passthrough, users can use Voyager Air as a wireless hub to share Internet access.
Pricing, Availability, and Warranty
Voyager Air will be available beginning early February from Corsair's worldwide network of resellers and distributors. They will available in 500GB and 1TB capacities with each being available in glossy red and soft-touch grey. Suggested retail pricing is $179.99 for 500GB models and $219.99 for 1TB models.
For more information on Voyager Air, please visit: http://www.corsair.com/voyager-air
Latest News Posts
- Titan Comics and Blizzard announce new Diablo comic books
- The Simpsons creator debuts 'Disenchantment' Netflix trailer
- Kingdom Hearts honors 90 years of Mickey Mouse with trailer
- PES 2019 demo will be released on PC/consoles on August 8th
- Kong: Skull Island director discusses possible Zelda movie
- HELP With a Sniper.2 Z68 bios U1C, won't boot with discrete VGA
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit