FirmTek, LLC, a pioneer and leader in Serial ATA (SATA) storage solutions is announcing that the SeriTek/Q6G 4-Port eSATA host adapter is now available. The high performance SeriTek/Q6G is Mac OS X Bootable, whether installed inside the Apple Mac Pro or a Thunderbolt PCIe expansion chassis, with and without SATA port-multiplication.
"Dynamic growth in the availability of SATA 6G SSD and HDD storage devices has increased the need for ultra-high performance 6-Gigabit/sec eSATA controllers with sufficient bandwidth to maximize performance. The SeriTek/Q6G was developed to meet this need. With real world storage performance results in excess of 500 MB/s per channel, the SeriTek/Q6G offers a new level of performance for professional customers", said Chi Kim Stanford Vice President of Business Development. "The SeriTek/Q6G is ideal for audio/video editing, photography, large media content libraries, storage expansion, backup and any other application where external, hot swap, high performance, data storage is desirable."
Mac Pro or Thunderbolt
For connecting high-speed external SATA enclosures, the SeriTek/Q6G works equally well as a powerful storage adapter in either the Mac Pro desktop computer or with a Thunderbolt PCIe expansion chassis. Due to performance rivaling that of traditional tower computers, many professionals are now turning to notebooks as their primary platform for working with audio, video and photography. The Thunderbolt expansion chassis helps unlock the full performance and storage potential of Apple's latest systems such as the MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, Mac mini, and the iMac.
The SeriTek/Q6G is built to support several types of eSATA enclosures. Direct connect enclosures like the miniSwap/ES, connect each drive to its own individual eSATA port. This configuration offers the ultimate in performance with the lowest number of drives. The SeriTek/Q6G also supports port multiplication enclosures like the SeriTek/5PM. The 5PM allows up to five SATA drives to be connected to a single port or up to 80 TB and twenty hard drives with four 5PM enclosures.
While the miniSwap/ES and the SeriTek/5PM can be used separately with the SeriTek/Q6G, one setup professional users deploy is the combination of ultra-fast SSD storage along with 5-bays of high capacity 3.5-inch SATA data storage provided by the SeriTek/5PM. This combination offers the best of both worlds. The four eSATA ports available on the SeriTek/Q6G allow both the miniSwap/ES and the SeriTek/5PM to be used concurrently. Use the SSD(s) in the miniSwap/ES for high-speed data manipulation and dump the final work to the 5PM for customer distribution and archival purposes. This combination offers the customer maximum transfer rates for data intensive operations while still supporting up to five removable 3.5-inch SATA drives for expanded storage capacity.
Key Features and Benefits
- Bootable: Supports Mac OS X 10.8.x "Mountain Lion", 10.7.x, 10.6.x
- Supports Windows 7
- Four high performance eSATA ports
- Compatible with multiple Thunderbolt PCIe expansion chassis
- PCI-Express Base 2.0 specification compliant: Supports 2.5 Gbps and 5.0 Gbps
- Supports SATA 6.0 Gb/s, 3.0 Gb/s and 1.5 Gb/s hard drives
- Fully compliant with Serial ATA revision 3.0 specifications
- S.M.A.R.T application support for third-party Macintosh utilities Supports Disk Utility RAID and JBOD configurations
- Supports up to 20 SATA hard drives using SeriTek/5PM and Mac OS X
- Supports up to 4 direct-connect SATA hard disks using two miniSwap/ES enclosures
- Complete CRC error checking for ensuring data integrity
- Provides hot swap and PM support not available with internal Mac Pro bays
- Bandwidth can exceed 700 MB/sec with a high-speed HDD/SSD configuration
- Low power consumption with aggressive power management
- User-upgradeable firmware
- Multiple SeriTek/Q6G controllers can be configured to support a single large RAID set
Pricing and Availability
The FirmTek SeriTek/Q6G 4-port eSATA controller for Apple Mac Pro and Windows 7 PC is available now with a retail price of $199.95 USD. The SeriTek/Q6G (SATA-Q6G) can be purchased from FirmTek distributors, resellers or directly from FirmTek. The SeriTek/Q6G is also available bundled with the SeriTek/5PM (SATA-Q6G-5PM) or the miniSwap/ES (SATA-Q6G-ES). For more information about the SeriTek/Q6G please visit FirmTek's website at http://www.firmtek.com/seritek/seritek-q6g/.
Latest News Posts
- Take home The Crown in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Digital-only Xbox One coming in 2019
- Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales fails at sales expectations
- Sunset Overdrive is coming to PC, available on November 16th
- SMITE Nintendo Switch release planned for November 16th
- Z77-D3H MB and bizzare boot issue
- HyperX Gaming microSD 128GB Review
- FS:[20Pieces] Apple iPhone XR.Xs.Xs Max 64/256/512GB.$8,980
- Vital Progenix
- ASUS PRIME B450M-A/CSM AM4 with AMD RYZEN 5 2600 CPU will only boot Windows after reset
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions