EUROCOM Panther 4.0 supercomputer laptop delivers unmatched 2D/3D capabilities for heavy duty 3D and 2D applications, like CAD (Computer-Aided Design), CAE (Computer-Aided Engineering), DCC (Digital Content Creation), visualization, and simulation. It is ideal for Engineering on the Go, Rapid Engineering Deployment Teams and for Server on the Go applications.
The EUROCOM Panther 4.0 provides three levels of functionality due to its customizability and ultra performance specifications.
- Ultra Performance Quadro Workstation when equipped with NVIDIA Quadro K5000M graphics with 4 GB of error correcting code DDR5 memory.
- 12 lbs (5.5kg) All in one Server when equipped with an Intel Xeon E5-2687W, RAID 5 and running operating systems such as Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 and VMware ESXi.
- High Performance Workstation for CUDA development when equipped with dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M graphics or dual NVIDIA Quadro K5000M graphics.
The supported processors of the Panther 4.0 delivers exceptional high-def multimedia, multi-tasking and multi-threaded performance. These high-performance CPUs allow users to simultaneously run multiple applications at the same time -- all with increased performance.
The Panther 4.0 is based on Sandy Bridge-E X79 Express chipset. The Intel X79 express chipset delivers maximum processing power and next generation high speed storage interface.
2. Processor Technology
Driving the system is a complete line of 6 core and 8 core Intel Xeon Processors based on the LGA 2011 processor socket.
- a. Intel XEON E5-2690; 8 cores, 16 threads; 20MB L3; 8GT/s; LGA2011; 32nm;135W; 2.90GHz (up to 3.80GHz)
- b. Intel XEON E5-2687W; 8 cores, 16 threads; 20MB L3; 8GT/s; LGA2011; 32nm;150W; 3.10GHz (up to 3.80GHz)
- c. Intel XEON E5-2680; 8 cores, 16 threads; 20MB L3; 8GT/s; LGA2011; 32nm;130W; 2.70GHz (up to 3.50GHz)
- d. Intel XEON E5-2670; 8 cores, 16 threads; 20MB L3; 8GT/s; LGA2011; 32nm;115W; 2.60GHz (up to 3.30GHz)
- e. Intel XEON E5-2650; 8 cores, 16 threads; 20MB L3; 8GT/s; LGA2011; 32nm;95W; 2.0GHz (up to 2.80GHz)
- f. Intel XEON E5-2640; 6 cores, 12 threads; 15MB L3; 7.2GT/s; LGA2011; 32nm;95W; 2.50GHz (up to 3.0GHz)
- g. Intel XEON E5-2630; 6 cores, 12 threads; 15MB L3; 7.2GT/s; LGA2011; 32nm;95W; 2.30GHz (up to 2.80GHz)
The EUROCOM Panther 4.0 supports LGA 2011 line of Intel Core i7 and Intel Core i7 Extreme processors
- a. Intel Core i7-3970X; 6 cores, 12 threads; 15MB L3, 32 nm, 130W, 3.3 GHz (up to 3.9)
- b. Intel Core i7-3960X; 6 cores, 12 threads; 15MB L3; LGA2011; 32nm; 130W; 3.30 GHz (up to 3.90)
- c. Intel Core i7-3930K; 6 cores, 12 threads; 12MB L3; 5GT/s; LGA2011; 32nm; 130W; 3.20 GHz (up to 3.80)
- d. Intel Core i7-3820; 4 cores, 8 threads;10MB L3; 5GT/s; LGA2011; 32nm; 130W; 3.60GHz (up to 3.90)
3. VGA Technology
EUROCOM Panther 4.0 supports two VGA modules via standard MXM 3.0b interface with the ability to support up to 100W per card running in SLI or CrossFireX configurations.
- a. NVIDIA Quadro K5000M; 4 GB GDDR5; 1344 CUDA; N14E-Q5; PhysX; OpenGL 4.0; DX11; MXM 3.0b;; w/ 3D Quad Buffering
NVIDIA Quadro K5000M, is manufactured on the 28nm, kepler based GPU architecture from NVIDIA and is the most powerful GPU from NVIDIA, delivering ultra performance. With a massive 4 GB DDR5 of Error-Correcting Code video memory and 256 bit bandwidth, users can display extremely complex scenes and models as well as calculate large datasets with ease, on the go. ECC memory detects and corrects common types of data corruption, offering uncompromised data reliability.
- a. NVIDIA Quadro K3000M; 2 GB GDDR5; 576 CUDA; 89.6GB/sec; OpenGL 4.3; MXM 3.0b; 75W w/ 3D Quad-Buffering Support
- b. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M; 4 GB GDDR5; 1344 CUDA; 256-bit; VRAM 1800MHz; GPU 720MHz; Kepler (28nm); MXM 3.0b;100W
EUROCOM Panther 4.0 uses quad channel memory, and enables the Panther 4.0 to initially support up to 32GB of DDR3 1600MHz RAM via four 8GB SODIMM 204 pin modules. With such massive amounts of RAM available, the Panther 4.0 becomes a great tool for virtualization and server class environments. The system is capable to support 64GB - this option will be available in the future once memory vendors release their 16GB single SODIMM module design.
The Panther 4.0 has support for four Solid State, Hybrid, or Enterprise level drives with RAID 0,1,5,10 capability. With support for up to four 1 terabyte storage drives, the Panther 4.0 is able to offer 4 terabytes of storage. RAID 0,1,5,10 capability gives users the ultimate in performance or redundancy. SSD drives in particular will benefit from the use of the SATA 6Gbp/s standard available on 2 ports, eliminating bottlenecks for the fastest SSD drives. For the most demanding customers Eurocom offers the highest performance Intel and Micron SSDs including the new Intel enterprise SATA 6Gb/s Intel DC S3700 800GB HET MLC SSD.
The Panther 4.0 also sports a wide range of connectivity and expansion technologies, such as USB 3.0, Firewire 800, Expresscard 34/54, eSATA, HDMI 1.4a, Display Port 1.2, DVI-I in addition to several others.
The Panther 4.0 comes equipped with a plethora of wireless communication and physical communications interfaces, such as built-in 10/100/1000Mb Base-TX Ethernet LAN (Intel 82579V), Bluetooth 4.0 and 802.11a/b/g/n WLAN.
The EUROCOM Panther 4.0 has six choices of 17.3" Full HD 16:9, 1920x1080 displays, with choices of Matte, Glossy and 120Hz matte.
The EUROCOM Panther 4.0 is available as a 3D enabled system or a non 3D system, as always Eurocom puts the choice in the hands of the customer. Supporting 3D technology provides users with an immersive 3D experience in games, movies, and any content with built in depth.
The EUROCOM Panther 4.0 will also support Quad Buffering 3D technology, via supported NVIDIA Quadro cards to further enhance the capability and professional deployment of the Panther 4.0.
The EUROCOM Panther 4.0 is an enterprise class system for professionals creating, studying and manipulating sensitive data, because of this security is essential. Eurocom equipped the Panther 4.0 with a Trusted Platform Module 1.2 (TPM), finger print reader and Kensington lock port.
10. Operating Systems
The EUROCOM Panther 4.0 supports a variety of different operating systems, from server grade options such as VMware or Microsoft server to Linux based operating systems and Windows 7 and Windows 8.
11. Key Beneficiaries
"The EUROCOM Panther 4.0 was specifically designed for calculation intensive tasks such as physical simulations, 3D rendering, ray tracing, molecular modeling, digital cartography, structural analysis, numerical analytics and much more. Wherever mobile, high performance computing needs to take place, the Panther 4.0 will be there" Mark Bialic, Eurocom President.
- a. Engineering on the Go
Engineering-On-The-Go, as being defined by Eurocom as "having the ability of performing engineering activities anywhere in the world made available by capable mobile hardware solutions that allows engineers to receive and process feedback while being face-to-face with customers, co-developers, final users and other third parties".
- i. Rapid Product Development
- ii. CUDA development
- iii. Digital Cartography
- iv. Structural Analysis
- v. Numerical Analytics
- vi. Geovisualization
- vii. Simulation
- b. Server on the Go
Server on the Go, as defined by Eurocom as "having server capability in a mobile form factor, enabling worldwide server deployment, made available by server grade laptop form factors".
- i. Network Management
- ii. Emergency Relief Organizations
- iii. Mobile Training Centers
- iv. Application Development
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020 at 12:07 pm CDT
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de