SAPPHIRE Technology, best known for its world leading graphics solutions, has just started shipping its first CPU cooler. Designed for the enthusiast and based on the company's award winning Vapor-X technology, the extremely efficient low-noise cooler features dual fans, a rating of 200 watts and a universal mounting for AMD or Intel CPU types.
SAPPHIRE pioneered the use of its vapour chamber cooling technology for enthusiast computer components, known as Vapor-X, with the introduction of its first ATOMIC graphics card late in 2007. Since then the technology has been used in several generations of enthusiast graphics cards where the more efficient cooling allows for greater performance, as well in a range of graphics cards with the Vapor-X brand that have the reputation for quiet and cool operation.
Now SAPPHIRE has applied Vapor-X technology in a SAPPHIRE original and exclusive design for its first universal CPU cooler. In a similar configuration to its graphics cards, the vapour chamber is in direct contact with the CPU surface to accelerate the flow of heat away. The heat is then carried away by a multi-heatpipe array and cooling fins.
Final heat dispersion is achieved by two fans, each with aerofoil section blades designed for efficient airflow with low noise, similar to those used on the highly acclaimed SAPPHIRE Dual-X series of graphics cards. The Vapor-X solution results in a high cooling efficiency designed to cater for 200Watts, more than enough even for enthusiasts overclocking the latest CPU types. When operating with lower power requirements, fan speeds can be very low, keeping noise levels to a minimum.
Much attention to detail has been given to the design of the SAPPHIRE Vapor-X CPU Cooler. Its universal mounting kit caters for motherboards designed for all the latest CPU types from both AMD and Intel. When mounted, the overall height of the cooler is designed to fit in a standard ATX chassis, while at the same time allowing the installation of most memory types. The two fans are mounted in a plastic shroud designed to control airflow, and built in blue LEDs contribute to the stylish look and overall feel of the unit.
"SAPPHIRE is extending its portfolio into areas aligned to its core business of PC graphics," commented Adrian Thompson, SAPPHIRE VP of Marketing. "We are harnessing our expertise in advanced technologies to deliver better performing products for the enthusiast which will then push down into an expanding product line for the mainstream."
The SAPPHIRE Vapor-X CPU Cooler is shipping now and will be available from SAPPHIRE's usual etail and retail partners with a reference SEP of 69 USD.
Latest News Posts
- Cyberpunk 2077 should have online elements
- Battle Royale craze extends to... OFFICE CHAIRS
- Intel will wave goodbye to legacy BIOS support in 2020
- iMac Pro will feature A10 chip for always-on 'Hey Siri'
- EA stock prices see the dark side of Battlefront II issues
- Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB & 480GB AIC NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ