14 November 2012: To celebrate the release of One Direction's brand new album 'Take Me Home' Spotify and Sony Music today announce the launch of the 1D Music app from One Direction, which launches globally today on Spotify. The 1D Music app allows fans to enjoy One Direction's music, - including their brand new album 'Take Me Home' - listen to playlists curated by the boys, find out what they're listening to on tour, and create and send playlists to them, from which they will choose and post their favourites. Spotify can also reveal that One Direction's songs have now smashed the '100 million streams' milestone, proving what a huge hit the band are with users of the social music service. You too can also publish music online like One Direction with the help of digital distribution.
About the app
The One Direction app, 1D Music, features playlists from both the members of the band - Liam, Harry, Louis, Niall and Zayn - and from their fans. The app centres around an interactive world map which displays exclusive playlists put together by the band based key highlights of their career to date, moods and occasions. Example playlists include 'Harry's House', 'Romance', and 'Practice Tracks for the X Factor'. The playlists give an insight into the band's musical tastes, and are playable and shareable via Twitter, Facebook and to other Spotify users from within the app.
One Direction fans can also create Spotify playlists of their own in the 1D Music app before submitting them to the band, who will choose their favourites to feature in the fan 'Hall of Fame'.
In the Music Player, you can listen to the band's entire back catalogue of albums and singles, including the newly-released album 'Take Me Home', while browsing the pile of fan-submitted photos.
The 1D Music app is a hub for the band's social media channels, including the One Direction Instagram feed and the official @onedirection Twitter feed, so fans can explore their music, tastes and stay in touch with the band.
One Direction commented, "Make sure you check out our new app on Spotify. As well as our new album you can check out what we've been listening to over the last couple of years and the music we're listening to right now!"
Will Hope, Director of Label Relations for Spotify added: "One Direction are one of the biggest bands in the world today, with a huge and dedicated fan base, so it's no surprise that they have smashed the 100 million streams barrier on Spotify. Social media has played a really important role in the band's success and 1D Music will take this one step further. This new app gives the band the chance to show their fans the music that inspires them, as well we giving fans the chance to share the music that they love with the band themselves."
Nicola Tuer, EVP Sony Music UK says: "Spotify is a valued Sony Music partner on a global basis and breaking through 100 million streams is an incredible achievement for One Direction. We've enjoyed working closely with Spotify on this app launch which allows fans to interact with the biggest pop band in the world in a whole new way."
Latest News Posts
- Take home The Crown in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Digital-only Xbox One coming in 2019
- Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales fails at sales expectations
- Sunset Overdrive is coming to PC, available on November 16th
- SMITE Nintendo Switch release planned for November 16th
- Z77-D3H MB and bizzare boot issue
- HyperX Gaming microSD 128GB Review
- FS:[20Pieces] Apple iPhone XR.Xs.Xs Max 64/256/512GB.$8,980
- Vital Progenix
- ASUS PRIME B450M-A/CSM AM4 with AMD RYZEN 5 2600 CPU will only boot Windows after reset
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions